• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Getting a new computer, suggestions/help?

illumina1337

Diamond
Reaction score
Recently my computer broke down, and it was gone forever. Then for a month now we've been saving for a computer but then my brother's car broke down and had to get to get a 800$ repair, which set us back a bit.

Now my dad says we can get a crappy computer or wait a bit for a better one. As much as I wanted to get a crappy one so I could play, I figured a good one would be better in the long run. Now since I know nothing about computers, I thought there's no better place to ask about them than here. (Or you know, a forums site about computers, but meh).

Now what I want is, a gaming computer. I don't only play Minecraft so I will need a computer that's good for gaming in general.
I need it to make it about 2000-3000$, anything higher wont do. My dad wanted it to be 1000$, and unless he wanted a crap-box, that's not happening.
Honestly that's all there is to it, if anyone could tell me what I need, how much it costs and where can I get it, that would be splendid.

Thanks.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Don't go for a brand-name computer, build it yourself. That's all I know. ;~;

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
Unless he wanted a crap box for $1000!? That much money can get you a pretty damn good computer. Also $2000-$3000 is completely unnecessary.
^
I gotta admit, for between $1500 and $2000 you can get a very good one. I don't know about standards for other games, but you can easily get something that would get 100+ FPS on Far with good settings as long as you keep it in good shape and get good parts.

illumina1337

Diamond
Reaction score
^
I gotta admit, for between $1500 and $2000 you can get a very good one. I don't know about standards for other games, but you can easily get something that would get 100+ FPS on Far with good settings as long as you keep it in good shape and get good parts.
Maybe I over calculated... a lot. xD But I want a really really really good one. I'll admit 3000$ is kind of unnecessary, but 1000$ is definitely not what I had in mind.

KingFlight

Experienced
Reaction score
I custom built mine for a total for $700 and I get very nice graphics in game and speedy..everything!

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
Recently my computer broke down, and it was gone forever. Then for a month now we've been saving for a computer but then my brother's car broke down and had to get to get a 800$ repair, which set us back a bit.

Now my dad says we can get a crappy computer or wait a bit for a better one. As much as I wanted to get a crappy one so I could play, I figured a good one would be better in the long run. Now since I know nothing about computers, I thought there's no better place to ask about them than here. (Or you know, a forums site about computers, but meh).

Now what I want is, a gaming computer. I don't only play Minecraft so I will need a computer that's good for gaming in general.
I need it to make it about 2000-3000$, anything higher wont do. My dad wanted it to be 1000$, and unless he wanted a crap-box, that's not happening.
Honestly that's all there is to it, if anyone could tell me what I need, how much it costs and where can I get it, that would be splendid.

Thanks.
I just built a PC for around the price of $1100. It works like a charm; it's not a crap-box! D: I get on average with Optifine 400 FPS and don't lag at all in games such as DayZ or Battlefield. If you wanted, I could post the parts I bought. I just made this about 3-4 weeks ago, and have encountered absolutely no problems.

Your dad's price will get you a great PC.

Edit:

My parts:
I got help with this from Erisyuka

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci