• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Give People A Second Chance to Apply for Mod if they've been Banned for Hacking.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
No. If you were banned for hacking, it is no "mistake". Sure, you may regret it but you made the decision on purpose, it doesn't matter how long you have been in the community, because if you hacked once, there is still that part in you deep inside for hacking. Even if you did have less than 1o wins, you still broke the rules. Maybe next time you should make brighter choices and not chose to hack. This rule also would be dumb because what if someone got banned for hacking, then left for a year to hack on other servers, came back and applied for mod. The next thing you know he hacks and bans everyone he can. So even if it was a year ago when you hacked, you still did it KNOWING it was against the rules. And don't BS me and say "did you even read the whole thread" because yes, I did.
Ok, first of all, calm down
2nd I also stated, you would need many Hacker Reports/Abuse Reports, which would mean you'd be active within the community
3rd of all, you probably should re-read this since you said you read the whole thread...

Anyway, back on topic, if you go look through a couple pages you'll see quite a few complaints that hackers should be permanently banned on the 1st offence, moderators will usually reply with " Everyone makes mistakes, they deserve a 2nd chance". Whenever someone recommends that people should get a second chance for moderator, the mods will counter it by saying " If they fail to follow the rules they shouldn't be able to apply for Moderator " I completely disagree with that statement because this quote applies " Everyone makes mistakes, they deserve a 2nd chance "
we're ALL Human and we all make mistakes, it's part of the Human nature. I can guarantee the majority of this community has hacked on other servers, even mods, I know many mods who have hacked on other servers, and I was one of the unlucky members who stumbled upon this server and cheated, the server that I would have never known would have such a big impact on me as a person, a server that I would have never guessed I would be apart for all this time. I believe members of this community who have reported a numerous amount of Hacker/Abuse Reports and have no ban records for at least 1 year prior to applying for Moderator deserve a second chance.

~Brandon6895

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Ok, first of all, calm down
2nd I also stated, you would need many Hacker Reports/Abuse Reports, which would mean you'd be active within the community
3rd of all, you probably should re-read this since you said you read the whole thread...
How does reporting hackers make you more reliable? Anyone could easily report 20 hackers in 2 days with the rate of hackers.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
Now that I think about it, I agree! People like you should be able to prove themselves to the community and staff even if they hacked back when they were clueless nubs.

Reactions: Wyz

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
How does reporting hackers make you more reliable? Anyone could easily report 20 hackers in 2 days with the rate of hackers.
Reporting Hackers throughout the whole year actively...

Reporting hackers does not make you any less of a hacker.
You sir are incredibly ignorant.

I'am not a hacker, nor will I ever be in the future, reporting hackers throughout the year actively does prove you care about the community, if I didn't care about this community, I wouldn't spend hours of my time recording, rendering, and uploading hackers on a regular basis.

boboy1999

District 13
Reaction score
Reporting Hackers throughout the whole year actively...

You sir are incredibly ignorant.

I'am not a hacker, nor will I ever be in the future, reporting hackers throughout the year actively does prove you care about the community, if I didn't care about this community, I wouldn't spend hours of my time recording, rendering, and uploading hackers on a regular basis.
Reporting hackers doesnt mean you care about the community it just means you want to be a mod.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
You see you didn't answer my question.

Heh heh heh
Ok, I will answer it.
If I was in the hackers shoes than I would know I broke the rules. I pride myself not to, though. I would feel terrible that I am ruining other peoples experience. But as I said, I would never hack on MCSG, so you cannot put me into the hackers shoes. Trying to be smart with me now?

Bunns

Platinum
Reaction score
Ok, I will answer it.
If I was in the hackers shoes than I would know I broke the rules. I pride myself not to, though. I would feel terrible that I am ruining other peoples experience. But as I said, I would never hack on MCSG, so you cannot put me into the hackers shoes. Trying to be smart with me now?
Ah, yes!
You said you you would feel terrible. If you read Brandon6895 post then you can respond to my question without a stupid answer.

SniperSnakez

District 13
Reaction score
Ah, yes!
You said you you would feel terrible. If you read Brandon6895 post then you can respond to my question without a stupid answer.
Yes, I would feel terrible ruining others' experiences with a great community. How does feeling terrible make you more fit for mod?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci