• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Give People A Second Chance to Apply for Mod if they've been Banned for Hacking.

Slayeer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Time to throw my opinion into the wind. I have mixed feelings about this topic and I will explain them in depth.
Bans that should be overlooked for moderators:
  • Non-Frequent abuse
  • Gamma increase/other non-knowing alterations
The reason why these should be allowed is under the mistakes category. When you get killed by a team of 3 that later says 'gg nub 2ez eggroll' you tend to get mad and maybe say some things that shouldn't be said. Does that make you a bad person and should have all of your moderator chances swept away? No, people make mistakes and rage is a common thing. But, there is exceptions. I feel there should be a limit on the amount of abuses you are allowed before they no longer exempt them as a ban. If you are a frequent abuser that get's in trouble for cussing out people and bypassing the filter, then maybe you shouldn't be allowed. Same goes for gamma increase or any other non-known alterations. If you had no idea that it wasn't allowed and used it there shouldn't be such harsh consequences for unknown offenses.

And now for the bans that should uphold:
  • Hacking
  • Constant Abuse
The reason that these upheld is because they are not mistakes. If you've hacked (I will explain a solution to this later) you shouldn't be allowed because there is not a single server as professional as MCGamer that would allow you to hack and you should know you are not allowed to. Also, constant abuse is - by no means - an accident. If you are just being plain rude to people just to be funny than you obviously are not mature enough to handle a staff position on our servers. That's all I am going to say.

SOLUTION: My personal solution to these would be that if you have gone a while without any offenses you should be exempt from your bans. If you have gone a while, let's say 6 months, without offending again then you obviously learned your lesson and are mature enough to handle a staff position. :)

TL;DR: Accidents: Allowed, Purpose: Allowed - but only after going offense-free for a long while. (6 months - 1 year, depending on situation.)
Leta say they have been banned for "Hacking" but then got unbanned.

TheKnightGamingHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well if they do allow it, you will have to be 100% of of hacks but if they don't believe you then that's that

Nineharted

Career
Reaction score
Yes.

My mod app was denied for the sole reason that I have a 15 month old ban for Rei's minimap, which I used after a mod told me that it was allowed. How an unfair ban from that long ago can give any indication of whether or not I would make a good mod is beyond me. With this rule in place they're turning away perfectly capable mods for no real reason at a time when mods are in short supply. It makes no sense.
Not short supply at all however. They are so picky because they can be. They get a few pages of mod apps a day.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree.

I really would write a big essay on why I agree, but I'm way too lazy right now.

(I'd recommend putting a poll so that we can see how the numbers are standing on who agrees and who disagrees.)
Do you mind telling me how I can make a poll after I've already created the thread? I can't seem to find how.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes, I agree to this, but maybe the ban should be a minimum of a certain number of months ago.

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
It's a big risk, just saying. We can't have mods who stop hackers, who hack.

Brandon6895

Platinum
Reaction score
It's a big risk, just saying. We can't have mods who stop hackers, who hack.
I'm talking about people who were banned for hacking a really long time ago, at least a year ago. I'am not talking about people hacking currently.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci