• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff gizmobrick - Meet The Staff

gizmobrick

Experienced
Reaction score
IGN(s): gizmobrick, conspartaco (pronounced con sparta co not conspar taco), minex750.
Nickname(s): gizmo, brick, and brickhead are about the only ones I have that don't include my real name.
Region: I live in the US and primarily play/moderate on the US servers; however, I also play on the CA network because I get better ping.
-----

One Cool Fact: I can solve a Rubik's Cube in under 90 seconds. I think my best time is a a minute and 21 seconds. Most likely couldn't do that now, but I can still solve it. :)
One Embarrassing Fact: When I was around the age of 6, I was absolutely terrified of automatic toilets. To me they were like ticking time bombs waiting to go off and create a loud noise which would scare me to death. D:
One Fact that makes you proud: My best typing speed is 86 WPM. Not that impressive to a lot of people; however, I think it's pretty good considering that I practiced a lot to get there.
One Fact no one would ever guess about you: I have mild OCD. I haven't been diagnosed or anything, but I know this is true because my symptoms match up with people who have been diagnosed. It gets pretty annoying sometimes but it could be worse. :)
Most Common question you get asked: It's hard to pick out one in particular... I would say "How old are you?" is a pretty common one.
---

Favorite Animal: Cat. I have 2 and they are the best! :3
Favorite Plant: I like the venus fly trap a lot. I used to have one, but it died along with pretty much every other plant I've tried to keep.
Favorite Color: Green.
Favorite Food: I will break this question down into two parts. My favorite restaurant and my favorite snack food. My favorite restaurant is hands down Noodles and Company. This place makes the best noodles on the planet (in my opinion). Order just about anything from their menue and you won't be disappointed. My favorite snack food really depends on what mood I'm in. My top 3 would be Smartfood white cheddar popcorn, Pringles, then sour cream and onion Lay's potato chips.
Biggest Pet Peeve: Being looked down upon because of my age. In other words, I hate it when people don't listen to my ideas, thoughts, etc. because of how old I am. Especially when my idea/thought is worthy of being listened to.
Personal Catchphrase: Seems legit.
Heard about MCG by: MCGamer wasn't a thing when I discovered it. I wanted a place to play the hunger games in Minecraft after watching the first Minecraft survival games video (AntVenom's POV). After some searching, I eventually found out about this place. :)
Ever Bring someone to MCG: Only a couple of friends none of whom play a whole lot.
First friend in the community: That's a tough question... I have a lot of friends now, but I couldn't tell you who was first.
MCG role-model: I look up to a lot of mods and senior staff members. I think the one I look up to the most would be Ceroria. He posts a lot of great threads and responds to many as well. I like his writing style too. :)
Things that you’ve done/are proud of: I can recite about 100 digest of Pi (used to know almost 300) and I've memorized all the elements on the periodic table.
Who would win in a fight, you or Chad? Mufasa.
Call me maybe? But then I would have to charge my phone.
Do you team in game: No, I'm mostly a solo player.
Have you been backstabbed: Yes but only in MCSG.
Ever Broken a bone: Nope! I have, however, sprained multiple fingers as well as my ankles (maybe both I don't remember)
Would you rather be a fish or a bird?: Burd! I can't give any real reasoning behind this besides the fact that I want to fly! :3
Personal Skills: I'm pretty good at (or at least play) Tennis and Golf. I'm also am a decent PvPer. Watch out Chad!
Computer specs:
CPU: i5 4670k (not over clocked yet)
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti SC
MOBO: GA-Z87X-UD3H (This thing is a tank!)
RAM: 8gb (2x4gb) 1600MHz (currently running at 1333MHz) Corsair Vengeance memory
SSD: Crucial M500 120gb
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Back 1TB
HDD: Sad little laptop hard drive
PSU: Corsair CX500M
CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R
WIFI: TPLink TLWDN4800
Computer operating system: Mac OS X (which makes my system a Hackintosh), and Windows 10 (running on the sad little laptop hard drive)
Program I use to record: OBS (Open Broadcaster Software)
Favorite movie: I actually don't think I have a favorite movie. I would much rather watch YouTube then pretty much any movie. Let it go.
Favorite music genre/band/song/artist/composer: Madeon makes some of the best electronic/dance music I've ever heard. TobyMac also makes good Christian music.
Favorite game (other than Minecraft): 2048 (iOS game)
What does a fox say? If foxes could talk, they would ask why people keep on wondering what they say.
Terrified of: Cockroaches. *shivers*
Personal website: www.personalwebsideforgizmobrick.com/gizmo.png.jpg.exe.img.html.tiff.ipws.mp4
Favorite website (Other than these forums): YouTube.
Dream job: Computer programmer. I like this job because you have the choice to work for yourself and not a major corporation.
What job you currently are doing, or plan to do: I would consider moderating a job in some respects. In the future, however, I plan on working at some grocery store or maybe a fast food place before getting a "real job".
Favorite thing about the community: I really like how helpful this community is. Every time I see someone with a question, even if I'm not the one to respond to it, I always see someone give a detailed answer in a timely manner. I want to thank everyone who takes the time out of their day to answer questions and be helpful in general because it really does make a difference. One of the reasons I applied for mod was so that I could be the person answering question and helping out. I'm glad I did because that's one of the most satisfying things about my job.
-----

When I am online: I'm online just about every day from whenever I finish my school work to when I go to sleep. I usually find time to do things that don't involve the internet because going on my computer all day does get old.
Previous moderating experience: I actually don't have any previous moderation experience as far as Minecraft is concerned. I've done some things in real life such as working with kids, however, which I would consider moderating.
Been a member of staff since: November 29th, 2014.
Servers most active on (MCSG, Creative, Survival, etc): Em See Us Gee!
Personal goal(s) as a staff member: My main goal as a staff member is to make the community a better place. I don't want to retire until I accomplish this goal to the best of my ability. This community has changed my life mostly for the better so I feel that it is my turn to give back a make it a better place for other people.

Last edited:

J

District 13
Reaction score
MCG role-model: I look up to a lot of mods and senior staff members. I think the one I look up to the most would be Ceroria. He posts a lot of great threads and responds to many as well. I like his writing style too. :)
Ceroria I think he meant Seroria <333

JoshuaG

Diamond
Reaction score
I've wanted to be a Mod But due to certain reasons, I can't, anyways,being a mod must have been full of hard work. Idk how Mods do it :(

Do ze harlem shake!?!?!

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I look up to a lot of mods and senior staff members. I think the one I look up to the most would be Ceroria. He posts a lot of great threads and responds to many as well. I like his writing style too. :)
ily gizmo <3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci