• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Going solo should be more viable

Do you think these suggestions should be applied?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riku5001

Spectator
Reaction score
I think that going solo is basically suicide, while it should be a very viable way of playing. If two people or more that are on the same thing make it to the finals with you, it's over because they simply hunt you down. So, I have a few suggestions to make solo-playing more viable in the short and long term.

1. Nerf the Corn. Teams always camp the Corn and they quickly become overpowered. The bonus of camping it should be worthwhile, not gamebreaking. It shouldn't give off so many pieces of armor and diamond swords either.

2. The boat of the forest map should also be nerfed. If they don't rush the Corn, teams rush the boat. Same problem as the Corn. Cut the amount of chests there by half.

3. More chests in rivers. Simply enough, being slowed by water and risking being found by archers and teams should be more rewarding. I think at least 25% of chests should be found in water.

Firedog150

Career
Reaction score
I vote to keep it the same as it is.

I am pretty much a pure solo player granted I am not the best but I think my major fault comes to being bad at PvP, not being bad at gather supplies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
None of those ideas are good. I play on teams, but at the beginning we split and meet back somewhere at night. Therefore, I am solo for the bloodier part of the game. I manage to find a bunch of chests and I end up getting atleast 1 weapon normally, which helps me get the win. The armour is fair, because the Cornucopia is the hardest place to hold, so it should give off the best items. There are no diamond swords in there, only a couple of diamonds which you have to use to craft the sword. Same with iron sword.
The boat is probably on the first map, so I don't know about it.
Chests in rivers would be completely stupid. 25% = COMPLETE FAILURE! If you had to go in the rivers to get items, it would be too hard. I wouldn't wanna go swimming just to get some items.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
None of those ideas are good. I play on teams, but at the beginning we split and meet back somewhere at night. Therefore, I am solo for the bloodier part of the game. I manage to find a bunch of chests and I end up getting atleast 1 weapon normally, which helps me get the win. The armour is fair, because the Cornucopia is the hardest place to hold, so it should give off the best items. There are no diamond swords in there, only a couple of diamonds which you have to use to craft the sword. Same with iron sword.
The boat is probably on the first map, so I don't know about it.
Chests in rivers would be completely stupid. 25% = COMPLETE FAILURE! If you had to go in the rivers to get items, it would be too hard. I wouldn't wanna go swimming just to get some items.
You don't know what the boat is? o_O

Darkshadow9809

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't think anything should be added because the teams themselves have a hard time holding the corn sometimes.

But I think they should make diamonds much more rare because I have seen people get diamond swords in the first minute and let me say it's not fun.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
You don't know what the boat is? o_O
No I do not. Is it in the 1st or 2nd map? Because I never play the 1st, I always go on server 21-22 because I like the 48 player.

I don't think anything should be added because the teams themselves have a hard time holding the corn sometimes.

But I think they should make diamonds much more rare because I have seen people get diamond swords in the first minute and let me say it's not fun.
It's completely fair to get a diamond sword quickly, because it's quite hard to get the necessary amount of items, and the right time to do it without getting slaughtered while you are crafting.

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
No I do not. Is it in the 1st or 2nd map? Because I never play the 1st, I always go on server 21-22 because I like the 48 player.
Yes, it's in the first map. If you head from the corncuopia chests straight to the right (facing the cornucopia house), you should run into a cliff with vines that leads into a little dock. There are a lot of mobs in there, but the boat is loaded. You should try the first map. A lot of people like it more.

Darkshadow9809

Tribute
Reaction score

It's completely fair to get a diamond sword quickly, because it's quite hard to get the necessary amount of items, and the right time to do it without getting slaughtered while you are crafting.
Actually I just think you should not be able to get diamonds in the first day.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Yes, it's in the first map. If you head from the corncuopia chests straight to the right (facing the cornucopia house), you should run into a cliff with vines that leads into a little dock. There are a lot of mobs in there, but the boat is loaded. You should try the first map. A lot of people like it more.
Oh thanks, I might try it out this weekend :D

Actually I just think you should not be able to get diamonds in the first day.
I disagree with that too. Just like I said, it's hard to get diamonds for a diamond sword in the first night and if you get a bunch of kills you would find only 7 iron which you use to make your iron pants because you already had the sword. It would be sad that you couldn't get any diamonds for all your effort :(

Sentaul

Tribute
Reaction score
I disagree and I think it's fine as it is.
I only play on map 2, but this is my response to your points.

1. Most of the time the teams that camp the cornucopia from the start are horribly behind in gear. They can't prevent people from taking chests even if they do get a lucky stone sword. Lets say they get one chest to themselves per member of their team - so 4 chests for a team of 4? You can easily hit over 20 chests by roaming the map and still make it back to the cornucopia before the refill and completely demolish the campers. That being said, the point of the cornucopia is as a high-risk high-reward area.

2. The boat in map1 is pretty similar to the residential area for map2. It's a secondary high-concentration of chests in a small area, which means a ton of people end up going there. Another high-risk, high-reward area. Just because you get to it first doesn't guarantee your victory though - there are plenty of 'paths' you can take which can net you just as many chests or more before the refill.

I don't play the first map so I can't really respond to the third one.

And diamonds ARE pretty hard to come by already. It's just a matter of luck but 9/10 games nobody has a diamond sword before the chest refills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci