• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

gold armour in tier 1 chests

should gold armour be in tier 1 chests?

• yes

Votes: 11 37.9%
  • nah

Votes: 18 62.1%

• Total voters

niek

Experienced
Reaction score
like the title says i would like to see gold armour in tier 1 chests.
gold isn't much better than leather.

boots: leather: 1/2 armour bar gold: 1/2
legs: leather: 1 armour bar gold: 1.5
chestplate: leather 1.5 armour bar gold: 2.5
helmet: leather: 1/2 armour bar gold: 1

L

Lululioness

like the title says i would like to see gold armour in tier 1 chests.
gold isn't much better than leather.

boots: leather: 1/2 armour bar gold: 1/2
legs: leather: 1 armour bar gold: 1.5
chestplate: leather 1.5 armour bar gold: 2.5
helmet: leather: 1/2 armour bar gold: 1
Gold and Chain are equal so the same goes for chain, but they are still better looking and better value and we only need one type of armour in Tier 1 as Tier 2 is meant to have improved gear.

fatmannumbah8

District 13
Reaction score
Yes! I suggested this when they were re doing the tiers but it never got acknollowdged.

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
Um leather, gold, and chain boots are all the same.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Gold and Chain are equal so the same goes for chain, but they are still better looking and better value and we only need one type of armour in Tier 1 as Tier 2 is meant to have improved gear.
Actually, chain pants are 1/2 armor bars better than gold pants :p

Math_Magician

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
And chain armor has better durability.

waddledude

Spectator
Reaction score
chain pants have better protection, i feel like nobody knows this!

Reaction score
Here's the thing: Tier 1 chests are the common ones, meaning that the contents should be somewhat underpowered. You're bound to find at least 5 or more if you last long enough, so the potential of getting full gold armor is slightly above the point of having a weak tier. True, gold is better than leather by a very small amount (only 2 armor points with a full set, so only 16 % more protection) but the durability is a bit better if I am not mistaken. So if a third tier of chests was ever added, the modified tier two should contain chain and gold, and tier 3 is the only iron. In my opinion, gold in tier one is a bit too much.

SaudiAssassin

Survivor
Reaction score
I think the best thing to do, would be to make gold have way less durability in tier 1 chests, but it should still be found in tier 2 chests but with better durability.

Reaction score
I think the best thing to do, would be to make gold have way less durability in tier 1 chests, but it should still be found in tier 2 chests but with better durability.

But when has durability ever been an issue in Survival Games? It isn't like vanilla Minecraft where you need to craft more armor because the games are usually too short for armor to lose a lot of durability. We don't need better armor in Tier 1 chests, we just need to balance the amount of Tier 2 chests there are, that way there aren't games where everyone has full leather or games with 8 diamond swords and a diamond chestplate

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci