• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Golden Ingot - MCGamer Credit Idea

Juvx

Platinum
Reaction score
In my eyes, gold ingots seem to be lacking in usefulness in the Survival Games gametype. I thought of a cool idea while in skype with a friend that would allow player to gain MCGamer Credits without having to donate (I am unaware of any method of gaining MCGamer credits without donating; sorry if there is one).

I was thinking that it would be cool if you could gain a number of MCGamer credits from picking up a golden ingot in-game. Whether there would be a form of depositing them in-game, say by command, is totally up to you guys. I would love to hear some suggestions to add on to this idea and your opinions.

I was thinking that per golden ingot you could get maybe 1-5 MCGamer credits to allow players to gain them gradually but not be able to buy the most expensive items from the shop after a week or so.

Without a doubt there will be people who will "farm" gold ingots, but there aren't any guaranteed golden ingot spawns. And at most even if they tried to get only gold ingots they would either die before being able to get several or at max get about 10 by the end of the game.

Thanks for reading,
Defscape

Last edited:

Speech

Platinum
Reaction score
This is nice! Maybe someone gives up a chest route to get credits

LightAura

Platinum
Reaction score
This seems like a great idea, although I can see people just ditching there route just to get golden ingots, and basically abusing it.

Juvx

Platinum
Reaction score
This seems like a great idea, although I can see people just ditching there route just to get golden ingots, and basically abusing it.
Without a doubt there will be people who will "farm" gold ingots, but there aren't any guaranteed golden ingot spawns. And at most even if they tried to get only gold ingots they would either die before being able to get several or at max get about 10 by the end of the game.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
It really seems like a good idea, but from what the people have said above, it could be only focused on throughout the match, which could ruin the point of SG.

Juvx

Platinum
Reaction score
It really seems like a good idea, but from what the people have said above, it could be only focused on throughout the match, which could ruin the point of SG.
I think most people care a lot more about their ratios on SG than they do about how they look in the hub honestly.

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
I think most people care a lot more about their ratios on SG than they do about how they look in the hub honestly.
That is true, I guess it would be a good addon to the game while playing. I mean it can't be abused unless there's some bug that spontaneously spawns gold ingots. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci