• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Goldsminer's Resignation and my coming out

Goldsminer

Platinum
Reaction score
So guys after 13 months 1000+ actions my time has come. I told myself I would write a full length thing, but I'm lazy :p

Basically I want to thank everyone for the opportunities that I have had during this time and I hold no regrets in applying.

Now as the title suggests I am coming out, and by saying this I mean that I am coming out about my mental health. Many of you may have suffered or are suffering from a variety of mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety. So let's get into it. So for over 2 years now I have been diagnosed with suffering from depression quite badly, this was mainly caused by tragedies that happened within my life among friends and family. Since this time I have become suicidal and a danger to myself. Nowadays I am still depressed and anxious, but I am safe and working on finding the right combination of medications and therapy.

Many of you may ask yourselves how is this relevant and why is it in a resignation thread? Well the answer is quite simple. Many years ago now MCGamer was a place where people played for fun, supported each other and were kind as I am sure Nick would tell you, but now an increasing percentage of people are becoming more and more toxic towards each other and whilst it is still a minority it is to big to ignore. The threats of DDoS, swatting and just blackmail in general is unacceptable in a community like this and every time I see this it upsets me. Not only this, there has also been a significant increase in those telling others to kill them selves (KYS). I also understand sometimes people mean this in the context of the game, but unless this context is clear that 1 statement can hurt and in extreme cases be enough to push someone over the edge.

I once had an individual constantly abusing me and quite badly. It really hurt and I have learnt that saying something to someone online is so much easier than in real life so I want you all to use this as a guide. If you were walking down the street and someone who you did not know said hello to you would you turn around and be all "OMG Kill yourself nerd!" NO! Obviously not and when put into that context saying those kinds of things in chat seems so immature and wrong. MCGamer has saved my life on multiple occasions quite literally and I am quite passionate about this issue hence why I applied for staff in the first place.

To end on a happy note cause this was not the most joyful of threads. I love you all, if you have ever helped me directly or indirectly. In-Game or real life know that I am grateful and have so much respect for you.

I won't do personal messages mainly because I did all that a month ago for my 1 year, so if you are here to see if you got a mention (I'm guilty of that sometimes lmao) Then go check my 1 year thread and if your not in that well that's awkward. anyways this is me signing out.

-Goldsminer

HuggaBear

Career
Reaction score
This really, really touched my heart. Thank you so much for opening up about this, some people around here may know that I suffer from the same mental illnesses and it makes me very happy to know that there are people that understand that. And thank you for putting it into perspective that what you tell someone in chat can very well hurt them. Thanks for your wonderful efforts you put into this sever, it is greatly appreciated. Best of luck in the future.

Swoopz

Career
Reaction score
Wow.

I honestly never would have guessed you were depressed and had anxiety. I told my self I wouldn't come on the forums again for much longer, but I feel the need to comment here. Not only because you're a friend, but because this topic is very important. Honestly you seemed so happy all the time I never would have guessed :p

Anyway, 13 months. I am proud of you. Honestly think you deserve VIP as you have stuck around even though AU was shutdown, and you still dedicated your time into this server without really wanting anything back. I look up to you, and couldn't have asked for a better friend.

Talk soon please.

Goldsminer

Platinum
Reaction score
Wow.

I honestly never would have guessed you were depressed and had anxiety. I told my self I wouldn't come on the forums again for much longer, but I feel the need to comment here. Not only because you're a friend, but because this topic is very important. Honestly you seemed so happy all the time I never would have guessed :p

Anyway, 13 months. I am proud of you. Honestly think you deserve VIP as you have stuck around even though AU was shutdown, and you still dedicated your time into this server without really wanting anything back. I look up to you, and couldn't have asked for a better friend.

Talk soon please.
<3 Love you man

Alyssa

Fabulous
Reaction score
love you golds <3 You're such a fab and amazing person and it was such a privilege to of been able to meet you in person! So proud of you golds, so so proud!!

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Boom, down goes another Australian...

Good job on your work for the server, you were a super cool guy. I had the priveledge of working alongside you.

SolarBleu

Platinum
Reaction score
I completely understand where you are coming from. I really looked up to you for you dedication on MCGamer. If you ever need to talk about anything, we're all here for you. Thank you for your service as a Moderator. Good luck in the future. <3

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm really sad to have heard about your depression, and I hope it can get better. You were a great mod, I saw you in a clean sweep, and you were just rocking it out there! I will miss you as a mod :(

Frankyy

Career
Reaction score
Oh Goldsminer.

You have been there through a lot of my good and bad times. You were always that one person who i would go too if i ever had a hacker that i wouldn't be able to get and you would do it without any problem. You're an amazing person and i am shattered to hear that you have been diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety.

You were a great contribution to the staff team and a great family member to the AU Fam! Your work here will never be forgotten and memories that you shared with staff and community members will never be forgotten. I defiantly will not forget such a Franktabulous person like you!

Love ya and i am always here for you, which you know because i remind you on a regular basis!

Remember to always stay and be Franktabulous! <3

demonsushi

District 13
Reaction score
Thanks for being a great moderator and opening up about your depression. You have been a great role model and I hope to see you soon.

Axanite | Liam

Plate head.
Reaction score
Thank you honestly Golds. This has hopefully opened a lot of people's eyes to really watch what they are saying and how it can affect people, not only in-game but in real life too. It is sad to see you go, I'm sure we will continue talking.

<3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci