• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Good Gaming Rig?

Reaction score
Well I made a part list anyway it is good for rendering/Gaming http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/331VI
I will explain why I chose these parts down below -
CPU: This is good for gaming and is available for overclocking best i5 around
CPU Cooler: This is an excellent cooler and will keep the cpu cool when overclocked
Motherboard: This motherboard is awesome for gaming and is a Z87 so it is made for overclocking in the future
Ram: I chose 1 stick of ram because single slot memory is faster in my opinion.
Storage: This 1tb hdd with 64mb of cache for the extra speed, you may also want to add a SSD drive for the OS
GPU: The gpu here is excellent it should be able to play games at decent fps but keep in mind fps also depends on the cpu with MC
Case: The case comes with 3 fans pre installed and that should keep your system cool and has a nice design(You can always change the colour of the case)
PSU: The PSU is plenty for the parts I have selected and shouldn't run short at all
DVD Drive: The drive is the best for its money, unless you wanted a blue ray drive which is more money.

This might cause some opinions on my selected parts but if you think there is a problem then reply to my post.
~spudtatoe

evil_gnome123

Career
Reaction score
Well I made a part list anyway it is good for rendering/Gaming http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/331VI
CPU Cooler: This is an excellent cooler and will keep the cpu cool when overclocked
Motherboard: This motherboard is awesome for gaming and is a Z87 so it is made for overclocking in the future
Storage: This 1tb hdd with 64mb of cache for the extra speed, you may also want to add a SSD drive for the OS
GPU: The gpu here is excellent it should be able to play games at decent fps but keep in mind fps also depends on the cpu with MC
Case: The case comes with 3 fans pre installed and that should keep your system cool and has a nice design(You can always change the colour of the case)
PSU: The PSU is plenty for the parts I have selected and shouldn't run short at all
DVD Drive: The drive is the best for its money, unless you wanted a blue ray drive which is more money.

This might cause some opinions on my selected parts but if you think there is a problem then reply to my post.
~spudtatoe
not bad on the choice although i would recommend toning down the graphics to a gtx 760 or 750 by evga as what you have is overkill and it would save some money

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score

~spudtatoe
You should read darkrai's post.
Single slot RAM is faster in your opinion? No, it's not a matter opinion, dual channel RAM takes advantage of more bandwidth, as has been proven countless times.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci