• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Good League of Legends Champions! [POST YOUR THOUGHTS HERE]

NorthStar

Career
Reaction score
If you like to go AD Carry (bot lane) and are willing to save up the IP I recommend Jinx. As for new players, Tristana, Nasus, Yi, and Annie are good for getting into the main gist of the game.

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
If you like to go AD Carry (bot lane) and are willing to save up the IP I recommend Jinx. As for new players, Tristana, Nasus, Yi, and Annie are good for getting into the main gist of the game.
Can't agree better, Jinx is such an easy-to-pick-up champion but unfortunately is the League's latest Champion on the Live servers. Have to save them IP.

Ninga

District 13
Reaction score
Crit build Gangplank is extremely fun to play, when I was fully built I was taking 2 thirds of their health with one of my Q's xD

M

MrKorrenian

Top :
Riven
Zed
Malphite
Elise
Nasus
Jax

Mid :
Fizz
Ahri
Lissandra
Syndra
Diana
Ziggs

Jungle :
Shyvana
Nautilus
Sejuani
Shaco
Maokai
Nocturne
Elise
Jarvan IV
Rammus
Xin Zhao

Adc :
Vayne
Caitlyn
Graves
Twitch
Lucian
Jinx
Ezreal
And contrary to popular belief - Urgot!

Support :
Thresh
Alistar
Annie
Sona
Janna
Blitzcrank
Taric

OnlyMathias

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Ok What is your style, do you want to do ranged or Melee, BUT in my opinion FiddleSticks. I wreck with him.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
When I first got LoL, Heimerdinger was on Rotation (There's a few free champs that rotate every week, to let players experience new ones.)
He looked like a weirdo, and I said "I like this guy!" So I picked him, and played with him. I liked the idea of the turrets, although he was quite weak and squishy. (I started playing back before he was made more powerful, so I'm not one of those guys that only likes him because he's actually decent now, although that's a huge +.)
Now he's still squishy, but his abilities are much better.
The turret limit is set up differently now, so at any given time he can have 3 placed down, but in return they have a long cool-down period (25-20 seconds, decreases by one second per upgrade)
Meanwhile, his rockets were vastly changed. Instead of targeting the nearest 3 enemies, now he fires 5 of them out in a fan that converges on one point and continues past for a bit, resulting in a good way to finish off an enemy that you're chasing.
His grenade provides an effective stun/slow, which is great for running away, however it's radius is a bit small. (It stuns anyone who is directly hit, and slows anyone nearby. The small radius makes it a little tricky to use at first.)
His ult (Ultimate) is called Upgrade, and "Upgrades" any one of his other 3 abilities. (It consumes manna to activate, however using the abilities does not.)
  • Turrets: You can place down one massive turret. Vanishes after a few seconds, but consumes no manna when placing, and does not count towards the total turret count, meaning you can have your basic 3 turrets, as well as your big one.
  • Rockets: Fires multiple waves of rockets where you aim. Does not consume manna, and deals a lot of damage if they all hit. Great for clearing a wave of minions, or a last desperate attack on a single enemy. However, once you fire it they cannot be redirected, so if you miss the first wave, you miss all waves. (Unless the enemy is silly enough to walk into them.)
  • Grenade: Basically, it launches a grenade that bounces a few times (3, I think?) and deals damage to everyone in the way. It has more range than the regular grenade, and also has extra distance because of the bounces. It stuns everyone it hits.

I hear Master Yi is another basic pick for starters, as it's easy to learn and you can heal while in the lane. (Although you stop moving.) He's just easy to use. And really cheap.
Ashe is another basic champion, according to some people I've spoken to. However, I've never used Ashe so I can't tell you much. But they have a cross-map move that can finish off someone, and slow people with ice arrows.

kadedaboss

Survivor
Reaction score
Top :
Riven
Zed
Malphite
Elise
Nasus
Jax

Mid :
Fizz
Ahri
Lissandra
Syndra
Diana
Ziggs

Jungle :
Shyvana
Nautilus
Sejuani
Shaco
Maokai
Nocturne
Elise
Jarvan IV
Rammus
Xin Zhao

Adc :
Vayne
Caitlyn
Graves
Twitch
Lucian
Jinx
Ezreal
And contrary to popular belief - Urgot!

Support :
Thresh
Alistar
Annie
Sona
Janna
Blitzcrank
Taric
WHY NO ANNIE OR MORGANA??

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Truth be told, Morgana is good for new players only because her farming is so easy. Other than that, hitting Dark Binding efficiently and Black Shielding at the right time can be hard. Might as well as play Lux. However, I agree Annie is good for new players at the lower levels, trying to playing her midlane becomes a pain later on when Assassins becomes the norm, despite the fact that her stun + full burst can easily burst down a cocky assassin.

In my opinion, here are the best options for those new to the game:

Midlane (Assassins, APC, Mid Bruisers): Annie, Fizz, Akali, Sion, Heimerdinger, Teemo, Talon
ADC: Caitlyn, Graves, Sivir, Tristana, Twitch, Varus
Tank: Nautilus, Nunu, Shyvana, Taric, Leona, Vi, Sejuani
Wtfbbq Damage Dealers: Riven, Tryndamere, Darius, Jax

Heimerdinger - Turret placement can get hard sometimes and using ult'd rockets can be a pain at times.
Teemo - I recommended Satan because he is easy to play, hate me all you want :D

PS If you recommend Syndra to a new player, you're out of your mind.

M

MrKorrenian

I personally feel as though their are more mid laners better than Annie and Morgana. They are both good but have little potential against a current mid laner, such as Lissandra, Ahri, or Syndra. I'm not bashing them. They are both good champions. I just feel them weaker to others.
Truth be told, Morgana is good for new players only because her farming is so easy. Other than that, hitting Dark Binding efficiently and Black Shielding at the right time can be hard. Might as well as play Lux. However, I agree Annie is good for new players at the lower levels, trying to playing her midlane becomes a pain later on when Assassins becomes the norm, despite the fact that her stun + full burst can easily burst down a cocky assassin.

In my opinion, here are the best options for those new to the game:

Midlane (Assassins, APC, Mid Bruisers): Annie, Fizz, Akali, Sion, Heimerdinger, Teemo, Talon
ADC: Caitlyn, Graves, Sivir, Tristana, Twitch, Varus
Tank: Nautilus, Nunu, Shyvana, Taric, Leona, Vi, Sejuani
Wtfbbq Damage Dealers: Riven, Tryndamere, Darius, Jax

Heimerdinger - Turret placement can get hard sometimes and using ult'd rockets can be a pain at times.
Teemo - I recommended Satan because he is easy to play, hate me all you want :D

PS If you recommend Syndra to a new player, you're out of your mind.
Not reccomending her to him. The thread is asking for good League of Legends champions. So I gave my two - cents and I put Syndra as a mid. Yes she does have an extremely high skill cap. But, she does excel in the mid lane if you play her to full potency which is really what I am saying to some of the champions. Not on earth would I reccomend some of the champions I did to a new player ( Zed, Riven, Urgot, Syndra )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci