• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

-=- Good PC or Naw? -=-

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
I have been thinking about new pc that I am going to get in about a few months and I think I have picked one that would be really good. On my new pc I mainly going to be playing just MC and maybe some other games but mainly minecraft.

This is the PC- (Edits Have Been Made from Defualt Build) http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FLGXFT
Do you think its a good PC to get for my first build and first gaming PC?

-=- Limits -=-
Under a 1k budget
If you believe you know what would make my build way better please tell me!

-=-FPS for games-=-

Minecraft?-

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've had one Acer monitor, and it wasn't that good. After 1 year of when I bought it, the screen would just flash in and out every 1 second and I was forced to buy a new screen. Right now I have SyncMaster SA350, which is pretty good. Everything (IMO) seems pretty good, but I would suggest Windows 7, as I don't really think Windows 8 is "user-friendly" and it isn't made for gaming.

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't really know much about this however, I think Lively may be able to help you out. :)

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
Few changes

270x is not future proof, would recommend getting a 280x or better (Or a 770)
Windows 8...just no. Windows 7
Everything else seems fine, but I wouldn't trust acer. I would see if you can get a better Asus monitor that's 1080p for similar price

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
It's good, you'll run almost every game on atleast normal settings. Just wondering, you haven't selected a network card, so you won't be able to use WiFi ( LAN is fine tho ), I don't know if this is intended or not.

Also, as you are buying a Windows 8.1 disc, you might wana add in an optical drive (+- 20$), otherwise you won't be able to run the disc ;)

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
It's good, you'll run almost every game on atleast normal settings. Just wondering, you haven't selected a network card, so you won't be able to use WiFi ( LAN is fine tho ), I don't know if this is intended or not.

Also, as you are buying a Windows 8.1 disc, you might wana add in an optical drive (+- 20$), otherwise you won't be able to run the disc ;)
The 270x is not future proof. He probably won't be able to play many newer games considering people don't optimize etc etc.

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
The 270x is not future proof. He probably won't be able to play many newer games considering people don't optimize etc etc.
Considering he is limited to his 1k budget and the 770 costs 100$ more, makes the 270x a decent option. It's not too expensive, and it'll run almost every current game on normal settings. Of-course if you are not budget limited you should get the 770.

Ephizav2

Diamond
Reaction score
Considering he is limited to his 1k budget and the 770 costs 100$ more, makes the 270x a decent option. It's not too expensive, and it'll run almost every current game on normal settings. Of-course if you are not budget limited you should get the 770.
I found a 770 for 250 dollars bro..

edit: He could get a cheaper CPU, and get a better GPU.

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score

Yeah I added an optical drive in and changed window 8.1 to window 7, also I did not buy a wireless network card because I intend on using the Lan port for the better performance and I have a wireless card some were in my house.

bbs22201

Platinum
Reaction score
Yeah I have heard that the 270x was decent and I decided it would be the best card to stay under 1k :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci