• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Good things come in 2's

ThatOneTomahawk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Worst thing to ever happen to MCSG.
First things first, it hasn't even happened yet, so you wouldn't know. (The current servers are just test servers before the actual release.) Second, why is it the worst thing to happen to MCSG?

jason12345

Tribute
Reaction score
First things first, it hasn't even happened yet, so you wouldn't know. (The current servers are just test servers before the actual release.) Second, why is it the worst thing to happen to MCSG?
Its all becuase of NCP. MCSG got so much better when they got rid of it and now they are ruining it again. Also, the developers went WAY overboard with all of the colors of the names and things in chat. Its very confusing and every person i have talked to (like 25 ppl) have had nothing good to say about V2. NCP is just... its just bad. If this is how the official release is going to be, be ready for massive decline in players playing cause ATM a lot of people highly dislike it.

ThatOneTomahawk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Its all becuase of NCP. MCSG got so much better when they got rid of it and now they are ruining it again. Also, the developers went WAY overboard with all of the colors of the names and things in chat. Its very confusing and every person i have talked to (like 25 ppl) have had nothing good to say about V2. NCP is just... its just bad. If this is how the official release is going to be, be ready for massive decline in players playing cause ATM a lot of people highly dislike it.
We never got rid of NCP. Once again, the plugin has not been released yet. NCP will most likely be fixed when the actual release of the plugin goes live.

Nadarekyle

Career
Reaction score
While I think calling it the "Worst thing to ever to happen to MCSG" is a blatant exaggeration, I have to say my feelings on it are mixed. The addition of new maps is definitely good. Haven't had a chance to play them yet, but more variety in-game can't be a bad thing. More descriptive serverlist information is excellent, and I absolutely love that. A new lobby shakes things up and adds variety, and the shortened lobby and pre-game times are extremely convenient.

On the other hand, sponsoring is overpowered and the overdone super-colorful chat is ugly as all get out and makes MCSG feel like just another PvP server weighed down with loud plugins, moving it even farther away from the main reason I gravitated toward it in the first place - it broke the mould.

There were a couple other things in the update, but nothing else really struck me as "very good" or "very bad".

Oh, right. Psh. Leaderboard reset. No. :p

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
While I think calling it the "Worst thing to ever to happen to MCSG" is a blatant exaggeration, I have to say my feelings on it are mixed. The addition of new maps is definitely good. Haven't had a chance to play them yet, but more variety in-game can't be a bad thing. More descriptive serverlist information is excellent, and I absolutely love that. A new lobby shakes things up and adds variety, and the shortened lobby and pre-game times are extremely convenient.

On the other hand, sponsoring is overpowered and the overdone super-colorful chat is ugly as all get out and makes MCSG feel like just another PvP server weighed down with loud plugins, moving it even farther away from the main reason I gravitated toward it in the first place - it broke the mould.

There were a couple other things in the update, but nothing else really struck me as "very good" or "very bad".

Oh, right. Psh. Leaderboard reset. No. :p
What about dem OP sponsorships?

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
I hate to post this too many times, but I want to make sure people see it, because I want to make sure people understand that MCSGv2 is unfinished/many complained about things are incomplete. (Actually, pretty much all of the things complained about are incomplete features/bugs.) Anyway, the copy paste:

I want to stress here - MCSGv2 is in "beta" stages, thus why it's been released only on three servers in US. (Not sure about other regions.) Nothing is final. There are bound to be bugs - NCP bugging out is one of them. We never got rid of NCP, (unless I'm completely mistaken.) we simply adjusted/fixed it - all this adjusting needs to be done again in the new plugin (which shouldn't take as long as before since the fix is still present.) - be patient. People wanted it immediately, and they got where it currently laid, in it's slightly buggy, non-complete stages. Understand that bugs like NCP and features like sponsoring are incomplete. Feedback is nice, but calling it out as the "worst thing to happen to MCSG" or anything of the sort is unnecessary for something that's not yet done. These incomplete features are placeholders until it's finished.

Okay, I'm done copy pasting this now. (Third post with this. >.>)

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Gonna retype next time? :p

On a serious note, if you've tried it, how do you feel about the new things being added in?
Me? I've played it it a few times, but this was directly before the sponsorship was added and on a server where NCP wasn't needed since only those who didn't hack would find it. (Haven't tried since then.) Aside from those two things, I'm a huge fan of it myself. The only thing I'd change is the messy chat, as it can be a bit...colorful at times. (mainly when staff speaks - their chat is blue, or at least it was. With the sheer amount of staff on the server, it was incredibly hard to keep up with, since I couldn't tell what was some announcement like a tribute dying or a player talking. Might not be so bad when there is only one online.)

I'll always miss the old chat... :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci