• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Goodbye CA for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Kind of blows my mind seeing CA leave. I played CA over US for the past year almost, never really had any trouble finding people online except maybe after like 1-2 AM. My connection there was so much better than US ;l.

RIP CA... We shall all miss you.

The difference from moving the US servers from AZ to Texas really isn't going to make much of a difference for the people who enjoyed CA. East coast players need something on the east coast to get great ping. New York is where it's at. I'd like to see the US servers expand, not just move a little.

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
*cough* People can no longer get those cheeky, easy 6 man player games on CA ;) *cough*

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Some of you might have noticed that Canada has been having some connectivity issues since the latest round of updates last week. We would like to thank you all for your patience for reporting its outage, but we have some bad news: the CA servers will not be returning for the time being.

We started the CA region to serve as the go-to region for Canadian players and East coast US players. Those who played on CA appreciated its smaller playerbase and separation from the more mainstream US region. Unfortunately as time went on, our staff team was thinned out as our US location grew larger, and the prospect of keeping CA became less and less likely.

The removal of the CA region is unfortunate, but we want to focus on our larger networks to improve the staff presence for a overall better quality of play. All CA players are encouraged to join the US network, where they will find same experience on a larger, more mainstream region. On top of this action, we are considering moving our US location to a more central location (possibly Dallas, TX) but we will need a lot of help from the community to fund that move. I am still working out the final details to figure out how much that transfer will cost us overall. More details will be posted if this project will move forward.
Dang, bad news! I'm glad the connectivity issues will no longer be taking time from the devs and they can focus fully on awesome new content & bug fixing! Always a positive from a negative. :D

Thanks Chad.

GetStrafedFTW

Spectator
Reaction score
OMFG CA i LOVED THOSED SERVERS I QUIT MINECRAFT bunnies MY LIFE IM LITERALLY CRYING WHY IT WAS GROWING SO BIG OMFG

Vinyl

Diamond
Reaction score
Kind of blows my mind seeing CA leave. I played CA over US for the past year almost, never really had any trouble finding people online except maybe after like 1-2 AM. My connection there was so much better than US ;l.

RIP CA... We shall all miss you.

The difference from moving the US servers from AZ to Texas really isn't going to make much of a difference for the people who enjoyed CA. East coast players need something on the east coast to get great ping. New York is where it's at. I'd like to see the US servers expand, not just move a little.
Agreed. A difference of 20 ping isn't going to affect anyone when the game only updates ticks every 50 milliseconds.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
*cough* People can no longer get those cheeky, easy 6 man player games on CA ;) *cough*
lol i hate how people accuse CA players of doing this stuff when clearly ppl do it on all the servers. People always say that oh all the high ranked players go to CA to boost. Well if all the good players are on CA boosting.. then doesn't that mean there are a ton of good players playing on CA? which makes games harder? xD

Agreed. A difference of 20 ping isn't going to affect anyone when the game only updates ticks every 50 milliseconds.
yeah ;l. My ping is like 100+ on US, its like 50 on CA

Giver

Experienced
Reaction score
Omg I live like right next to Dallas, TX...
MAYBE I WILL ACTUALLY HAVE GOOD PING OMG

Reaction score
Well I don't get the point you dont need more than 2 staff members sitting in the hub warning about flooding the chat, maybe if you instructed staff to go on CA they would go. The reason there were so much hackers is because there are no staff because you guys care so less about CA, it seems most of the money comes from EU, AU, and US so they don't care about CA just because it doesn't have a lot of players and doesn't make enough money. I also find it funny how you said it wasn't up because of the bugs and stuff, I doubt that was true tbh. I liked CA because it was much more of a challenge, there was really never full leather noobs, always teams to help improve your skill, and all out just really good players. You should try hosting US in the East Coast and see what happens, but you know it might take 3 months to try that.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Omg I live like right next to Dallas, TX...
MAYBE I WILL ACTUALLY HAVE GOOD PING OMG
if you live in texas.. your ping should already be amazing. You are like what? 1 state away from where the servers are hosted xD. Thats pretty dang close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci