• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[Guide] How to downgrade to 1.3.2, after downloading 1.4.2!

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This only works if you have already installed 1.4.2
Open minecraft and go to the homepage. Click on "TexturePacks". Click on the button which says " Open texturepack folder".

After you click on "open texturepack folder", you click back and you will be in a folder called ".minecraft". Find the folder called "bin" and click on it.
You will see a file called "minecraft.jar". This jar is the new update. Rename that file. "1.4.2".
Find the location of the file which you downloaded from CHAD, and drag it to that folder. It should be called "minecraft.jar". This one is the jar for 1.3.2, allowing you to play on MCSG again.
Message me if you need any help!
N.B: This only works on WINDOWS computers. I do not know how to downgrade stuff for MAC or LINUX!
Close all the folders and run minecraft.
Enjoy :D

There is another thread that shows you how to downgrade your minecraft client here: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/how-to-change-your-minecraft-version-backwards.10381/
-PanuterNut

turtlelord66

Spectator
Reaction score
i have same prob but cant find the minecraft.jar and i was wondering wen will the servers update

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i have same prob but cant find the minecraft.jar and i was wondering wen will the servers update
The servers will updat about a week after CraftBukkit updates. It take some time and it doesnt happen overnight.
The minecraft jar is in the "bin folder",inside the ".minecraft" folder. To get there, go to search [Windows 7], type %appdata%, and you can see the minecraft folder

VebbiHD

District 13
Reaction score
If you are running windows 7 it might just be called "minecraft" (but it is a .jar file)

turtlelord66

Spectator
Reaction score
This only works if you have already installed 1.4.2
Open minecraft and go to the homepage. Click on "TexturePacks". Click on the button which says " Open texturepack folder".

After you click on "open texturepack folder", you click back and you will be in a folder called ".minecraft". Find the folder called "bin" and click on it.
You will see a file called "minecraft.jar". This jar is the new update. Rename that file. "1.4.2".

Find the location of the file which you downloaded from CHAD, and drag it to that folder. It should be called "minecraft.jar". This one is the jar for 1.3.2, allowing you to play on MCSG again.
Message me if you need any help!
N.B: This only works on WINDOWS computers. I do not know how to downgrade stuff for MAC or LINUX!
Close all the folders and run minecraft.
Enjoy :D
Thank you it is helpful but where is this file from chad?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci