• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

[GUIDE] How to: Kill Teams [2]

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

Tyroneley

Diamond
Reaction score
[NEWS]: The new version is being re-written. I apologize.

intropic.png

Hey everyone!

After many hours of writing and planning..
Welcome to the ultimate guide of team killing 2! This thread will continue the guide from the previous one written! This guide was intended to assist and teach you ways on how to eliminate teams during battle by yourself, and with these tips, you might work out just fine!

All of this was re-written from the previous guide. I just improved it better. I will continue part 4 in this thread.

part1pic.png

tips1pic.png

• When encountering teams, your surroundings can be crucial to your battle. Attempt to take them down 1 by 1, by forcing them to split up, and take them down 1 by 1.
  • Secondary weapons are important to your survival. When battling, remember to flint n 'steel them & set them on fire, or use your bow to fire some well arrows at their faces!
  • Combos can be very useful if used correctly, or if used as plan. Try to create your own combo, or use other's, and use them on other teams.
  • If you are left with a few hearts left, that's your queue to run for a bit. Run when you have 4-5 hearts during battle.
  • There are certain types of teams which goes in a big group, such as a team with 6-8 people. It is unlikely for you to encounter this, but I have once before. When you do, attempt to use your flint n' steel a bit, or lead them to water where you will be able to use your bow. Whatever seems useful to you.
tips2pic.png

This part of the thread contains information on how to take on a team full of clan members. If this is not what you need as of the moment, you may skip this part of the thread.

Clans like to have professional players in their team. They mostly go out with the best members of their clan to form a team, then aiming to dominate the server they are on.

Secondary weapons can be used for several occasions. In this case, secondary weapons are your 2nd best friend. Your best choices (possibly the only, too) are flint n' steel, a fishing rod, and a bow.

When running away from the team, press f5 on your keyboard. You'll be given a view to see the reverse direction you're running in. You can see what's going on behind your back, and this will very much help you know where to place the flint n' steel at.

When you have low health, attempt to run away from the team. Regenerate most of your health, then attempt to attack again, smartly.

When on low health, slow them down by placing down flint n' steel when running. Fire decreases their health by 3 & a half hearts, so make sure to slow them down. You may also attack them when they are on fire, but it is not advised.

• When running away from the team, press f5 on your keyboard twice to keep running, and have your camera field view behind you.
  • Use secondary weapons to assist and aid you during battle.
  • Don't team with random people, unless you're very sure they will not betray you.
part2pic.png

This part will talk about techniques and enemy patterns. If this is not what you are looking for, you may skip this part.

• Fishing Rod
The fishing rod technique is very useful in battle. But in this case, you're probably going to need to use it in a different way than you do in a 1v1.

When you strike your opponent with a fishing rod (by right clicking your mouse while equipping the rod), it will fling them across a bit, and send them in the air for a very short while. With the time you have when they are in the air, strike them quickly, or you'll have to do it again.
This technique takes more effect when the opponent(s) is jumping.

• Flint n' steel
Flint n' Steel is crucial to your survival. It can decrease your opponents' hearts by 3 and a half, giving you time to slow them down and to recover yourself. If you make a small line of flint n' steel, it's basically called wasting. Use your flint n' steel wisely by lighting the ground 1 by 1, without using up your flint n' steel.

Combine these two techniques to make a mini-combo to take out the team opposed to you. Use your new combo wisely, or else things might go wrong.

• Enemy Patterns
Enemy Patterns are patterns your opposing team uses when they fight you. They repeat the same thing they do against you, until you're down. There are several ways to prevent yourself from dying when this is used on you.

Read their movements during battle. It's good to remember what they're doing when they're fighting you. When you memorize their movements, think of something to counter it. That way, you can take them out during battle, if you memorize ALL of their movements.

Make up combos for yourself to use against other teams. Make sure it's your own, and not a known one, so your opponents will not know the correct action to do, because your brain can't think that fast.

part3pic.png

This part consists information on how to adapt to your surroundings, and how to take advantage. If this is not what you are looking for, you may skip to the next part.

• Adapting
It's important to quickly adapt to your surroundings in any map to use it to your advantage when fighting teams. Take advantage of the areas your in to hopefully dominate your opponents.

• Mountain - When on a mountain or a hill, set fire onto the block in front of the team. They will step on it by accident, and get on fire.
  • Water Cave - When in a situation where you're up against a team in a water cave, or just about any area with water, you'll need to equip a bow and a fishing rod. Row them away by throwing your rod at them, and fire your arrows at them.
  • Ground - This is where your battles are mostly held at. Everywhere is your ground, infact. Use your secondaries and primaries correctly, and trick the team into hitting themselves if possible.

• Instinct
Your instinct is crucial when you are taking on a team of more than 2 people. Trust what your guts say if you really think it'll be the right thing to do.
Create combos & techniques to aid you during battles. Make sure it's not recognizable to the team or else it might not work out as well.

part4pic.png

This part will contain information on how to fight teams of 3. If this is not what you are looking for, you may skip to the next part.

Teams of 3 are not always the hardest, but may be when the team is full of professional players.
It depends on which type of armor or weapon your opponent's have.

When taking on teams of 3, it's important to remember that they most likely won't give up, unless there's an interference during battle.
Whenever they're chasing you, they'll try to sometimes end it quickly when they think they have you. This is where you can make them wrong.
At first, when they take a lot of hits on you, that tells the team that they are close to killing you. Although, when you strike correctly, they'll think wrong.
Use your flint n' steel often when you're battling the team. They won't take notice most of the time since they're focused mostly on you.

This video can explain some things to you by just watching it:

part5pic.png

This part consists of information on how to take on a team of 4. If this is not what you need, you may skip to the next part.

Teams of 4 are not that common, but you may experience them sometimes. This is where the level of difficulty rises.
When taking on a team of 4, attempt to split them up into 2, or split all of them up and take each of them down 1 by 1. Sometimes, teams try to cut you off. When 2 of them are going forward to cut you off, and the other 2 behind you are going for you so they can trap you, kill the ones behind you first before the other 2 cut you off. That way, you'll have the other 2 to take on.
When you're remaining with the other 2 left (or 3, or 1), take them down with ease. Take your time, because you've got less people on your hands now. Just remember to act wise and not stupid.

This is the recommended pattern for you to use when battling a team of 4:
- bow - rod - rod - fns - sword - rod - bow - fns - sword -

wippic.png

This'll be the end of the guide for now. I've stated before I'm too busy to continue this right away, and that's still happening right now. But I'm still trying to make new guides or update this because this is one of the unfinished things since 2013.
I'm also thinking about ending part 5 here, and continuing the rest in the 3rd guide. I think I'll do that.
I hope this was helpful, and that you've learned some things today. If you have any suggestions, you can post them down below in the replies section.

Previous version: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/team-killing-tips.78341/#post-900724

The poll for this thread will close in 2-3 days when the 3rd guide is finished.

Thanks for reading.

tyroneleypic.png

Retired MCSG player.

Last edited:

XontraSapphire

Spectator
Reaction score
Very good thread! Will be useful to people who read this, great job on working on it.

JJSnacks

Diamond
Reaction score
Very well written, I'll be sure to use some of your tips! ;)

Tyroneley

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm sorry that I haven't made part 3 yet. Don't worry though, I'm already beginning to make it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci