• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

(Guide) How To Start Your MCSG Map.

Did This Guide Help You?

• Yes!

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Kinda! Gave me Ideas!

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Not really.

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

So back when I was much of a builder, I really struggled to develop ideas themes and how to start building something. Now, I'm going to share you some steps and tips on how to slowly develop your mcsg map!

Step 1
So firstly, you wanna decide what theme map your going to be doing, e.g Desert, Urban city etc.
Once you've decided that, you can move on too literally writing down what you are going to include in your map.
This will help a lot when it comes onto the next step.

Step 2
This is now getting to the juice, once you have made your dome (optional) you want to use //wand and divide your map into 4 parts, this will help you figure out were things will go. This is when we come on to step 3!

Step 3
Once you've done step 2, you'll realize you made the list of things you wrote down that said what you were gonna include in you map. You now have too create a miniature version (optional) of the map and split it like above, then using blocks and signs plot what you buildings/structures you are going to include.

Step 4
By this point your plotting/planning should be complete, now its time to actually start building.
You want to pick ONE section of your 4. Look at your plan, what does it say, build what it says on you plan! Easier said than done, here are some tips on getting inspiration.

Step 5
Getting ideas on what to build can be challenging for most people, especially if they want to maintain the theme and make it unique. The following tips and websites will help you!
  • Search your themeon google images! This helps me a lot, there's always something you forgot to add!
  • Think about what you'd see if you were in your map, if there's a bank, what in real life could be near a bank? Brainstorm ideas that come into your head.
  • https://uk.pinterest.com/ - Another awesome image website where you can get things from, also watching you-tubers that build things may help! Look at other peoples maps.
Step 6
This is the final step on learning how to start your MCSG map. Once youve created a plan, started a perticular area, and brainstormed more ideas for your blank areas of the map, you want to double check the following things.
  1. Does it all link together?​
  2. Is there anything that sticks out?​
  3. Does it match the theme, does it fit in well with the builds that surround it?​
  4. Do YOU like it, do OTHER PEOPLE like it.​
  5. Take the advice and make it better!​
Thanks for reading with guide on how to start a MCSG map, hopefully I gave you some tips on how to develop your ideas and how to plan out projects. This is how I personally like to do things, it may not be everyone's type of thing! But I would recommend it!​

Horsman4James

Tribute
Reaction score
Thanks for putting this up, I'm thinking of making a map based off my home town :)

ChandlersMc

Survivor
Reaction score
this is very helpful. well I have experience building maps and I feel like my next one will follow these steps

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
this is very helpful. well I have experience building maps and I feel like my next one will follow these steps
It's good to hear till help you! Thanks!
One thing I would have to disagree with is that you said in step 2 place your dome down, that should be the final step.
You could say that, I've learnt from experience that putting it last is a good idea, but like I stated in the thread it's (optional)

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
Heres how to make map:
1 Open MC
2 Cook Quesadilla
3 Eat Quesadilla
4 Make map

Thank me later

NuJaan

Diamond
Reaction score
Is SG California made? I kinda want to help.

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score
Noice! Would you like me to suggest this as an official guide? ( which means it will be somewhere at the top of the forums and will have the green guide tag )

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci