• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide 'Guide' What Are Points and How Do They Work?

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
Hey Everybody, so as I was browsing the general support section, I noticed the last guide on points was made in July. Since points have drastically changed since then, I think its time for an update :)

What are points?
Points, also known as bounty, are basically in game currency. The following sections will cover how to gain/lose points, how to find out your points, and what you can do with your points.​
How to gain/lose points?
Every player that first joins MCSG starts out with a 100 points. Points are gained by killing other players. When you kill another player a small percentage (5% to be exact) is lost by the player that dies. This amount is then given to the player that got the kill. For example, lets say there are two players. Player 1 has 100 points, while player 2 has 247 points. If player 1 kills player 2, player 2 would lose 12 points. These 12 points would then be given to player 1. Player 1 would now have 112 points and player 2 would have 235. If a player has less than 100 points it is automatically set to give the player that killed you 5 points. Also, if a player has taken damage during a match and then leaves for any reason, that player loses twice as many points as they would have usually lost.​
How to find out your points?
There are 2 ways to check your points. There first way is to join an MCSG server and look to the left of your name. This number is your current point total.​
The second way is to check the official MCSG leaderboards. The leaderboards can be accessed here.
What can you do with your points?
At the moment, their are two things that can be done with your points (Other than to show off of course ;)). The first thing is sponsoring. To sponsor somebody you must be spectating the game and have the required points. Sponsoring is using your points to give another player an item they may need. The second thing is bountying. When you bounty someone you are setting an amount of points on them. Whoever kills the person will get the points.​

To sponsor someone, type: /sponsor {name}
This will open a menu where you can select an item for a player, but remember, you need the required points.​
To bounty someone, type: /bounty {name} {amount}
Thanks for reading :D I hope I helped someone out. If you have any further questions feel free to PM me or reply to this thread.

deadzombiesyum

Survivor
Reaction score
great guide.... too bad there is no bountying now. I liked that feature of points, it felt more realistic.... although it was VERY abused by players. I hope this thread helps new players that aren't as familiar to the games though,

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
great guide.... too bad there is no bountying now. I liked that feature of points, it felt more realistic.... although it was VERY abused by players. I hope this thread helps new players that aren't as familiar to the games though,
I'm glad you liked it :D and as to the bounty thing I agree.

VeeZa

District 13
Reaction score
White text -.-
Change it please.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Also, if a player has taken damage during a match and then leaves for any reason, that player loses twice as many points as they would have usually lost.
I'm pretty sure you lose the normal amount, but I'm not sure. Have you tested it out?
Altogether it's a pretty useful guide, and I'm sure newer players will appreciate it.
How do I make it the default color?
Highlight it all again and pick the colour you made it. Like if you made it white, click the white again to disable it and make it default.

FuSioN

Diamond
Reaction score
UPDATE: Mobile text issue has been fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I'm pretty sure you lose the normal amount, but I'm not sure. Have you tested it out?
Altogether it's a pretty useful guide, and I'm sure newer players will appreciate it.

Highlight it all again and pick the colour you made it. Like if you made it white, click the white again to disable it and make it default.
Thanks for the help. Also as for the double point thing I have tested it. I'm going to double check though, just to make sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci