• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hacker Ban???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
Why are hackers only banned for 1 week? It doesn't make sense. You think 1 week will give them the chance to get rid of hacks? I don't think 1 week works. They began hacking in the first place, they 100% knew its bannable even knowing that, that didn't stop them hacking. Please consider just banning hackers for good, they don't deserve to ever play on mcsg again!

SergioFire

Platinum
Reaction score
True, i've done this post hundred of times and they that they agree but "Everyone needs a second opportunity"

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
Yeah, They knew the risks of hacking on servers when they began why give em another chance? And what are the chances of a hacker getting reported again after his unban?

SergioFire

Platinum
Reaction score
That is exactly what i said in my posts about that, if it's hard to record and report a hacker once, it's almost imposible twice :S

DAL_9000

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with your initial thought, but instantly banning the account that was using hacks would be too unreliable of an approach. There's so many things that could have happened which could relieve the player of their ban. The person's account could have been unknowingly accessed, the person could have had a sibling play without their permission, or the person could have not been hacking at all in the first place and was falsely banned. So yes, while hackers who intentionally hack to ruin others' fun should not have a second chance, it's almost impossible to differentiate those hackers from the less severe cases that I mentioned before.

Think of it this way; you enjoy playing on Mcsg, so much in fact that you bought a shiny new Diamond Donor upgrade for your account. A few weeks goes by and you notice that you're banned on the server. You look at the evidence and have no recollection of playing in that game, and come to find out that someone accessed your account and used an illegal client to have you banned. Now there's absolutely no chance of you ever playing on Mcsg again, because no one would believe that someone hacked your account without proper evidence, and now you've wasted $75 that won't be refunded to you.

Or what if you're an extremely skilled player, and you try your best to win in every match you play. You come across an equally skilled player and manage to defeat them, but they assume you're hacking and go on TeamSpeak to get a staff member's attention. You go on for the rest of the match but are kicked and banned halfway through. You try to dispute it but the evidence is accepted as true and your plea is declined. Once again, you're completely disallowed access to the Mcsg network without another chance.

Long story short: Instant perma-bans are flawed, and don't leave enough room for false bans to be corrected

OreoTheLlama

Career
Reaction score
I thought the 1 week ban was a chance for the hacker to get rid of the hacks and to learn their lesson. :p

Nick

Community Engagement & Mapping Team Representative
Reaction score
The initial ban is long enough to give hackers a time to think through what they've done wrong. If they do it again, then it's over for them. It's that simple :p.

QA:TL.

MyrkrBrandr

Career
Reaction score
If they do it again? I'm willing to bet the one week ban will not stop them. And really? What are the chances of recording the same hacker after he/she has been unbanned?

Dah_Hobbit

District 13
Reaction score
If they do it again? I'm willing to bet the one week ban will not stop them. And really? What are the chances of recording the same hacker after he/she has been unbanned?
Pretty high. And i'm willing to bet that 75% of hackers that are banned for a week stop hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci