• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hacker Protection?

HungerQuest

Spectator
Reaction score
I was thinking for a dev to develope a plugin that would look for a change in the vanilla minecraft JAR. If there something different within the Jar, kick them for "JAR Not Supported" It would greatly decrease the amount of hackers that would be able to get into the server because Hacked Clients have difference in code inside them with added features so the plugin would look at the code then see it its the same as the "Allowed Jars".

You would have to develope within it Supported Jars like Optifine and, Allowed Mods.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
This is illegal, if I remember correctly.

P3num6ra

Career
Reaction score
It would technically be a virus, reading files off of your computer, and using that information against you IF you wanted to hack. However, this doesn't imply that hacking is a good thing. It is more neutral dependent on a person's desires.

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure vac system does something like this but I'm not sure, so i doubt it is illegal
I can't say for sure, but I would imagine that Steam/Valve has something in its Terms and Agreements (something that you have to Agree to in order to use Steam) that creates a legal exception - sort of like how you could, if you wanted to, sign a contract saying that someone can take all of your money.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure vac system does something like this but I'm not sure, so i doubt it is illegal
A quick Google search tells me that it doesn't go through your files to find stuff. What it does is it sends a scenario to the player, and if the appropriate response is not given, then the player is noted as a possible cheater. It will also parse through the RAM of the computer. This is legal, as the data and files stored on those are not permanent. If anything in the RAM shows up under one of the blocked applications or known cheating software, the player is banned.

Res

Diamond
Reaction score
The Nexus does something similar to this called the "Power Move Regulator" (for the 9 year olds), aka ncp on super steroids. it goes and looks at your client and if it's hacked, you get banned.

Tenebrous

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The Nexus does something similar to this called the "Power Move Regulator" (for the 9 year olds), aka ncp on super steroids. it goes and looks at your client and if it's hacked, you get banned.
That's actually illegal...

patrickfalcon

Platinum
Reaction score
Can't tell if your joking or not.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci