• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hand positioning- Hotkeying

Fancypants6000

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have recently been experimenting with different hand positions for hot-keying.

I use the Huahwi setup (Sword,FnS,Rod,Bow) and I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for how to set up where to put my hands on the keyboard.

I currently use thumb on space, pointer on W, and middle on shift (Because when I run, I use shift+w)

To hotkey, I move up my middle to 3, ring to 1. (And 2 to FnS)

Any suggestions?

E

Ephiza

Most confusing way to do it.

Have middle on W, have pointer on 3, and have ring finger on 1. Pinky on shift for sprint. eZ

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
I have a Razer Naga, once you get used to it it's SOOOOO good.

AlgerWaterlow

Platinum
Reaction score
Most confusing way to do it.

Have middle on W, have pointer on 3, and have ring finger on 1. Pinky on shift for sprint. eZ
Your setup feels weird. I have my middle finger on W alright, but have a hybrid-ish way of scrolling to slot 2 then hotkeying back to 1 with my left ring finger. I can't have my middle and index fingers so close together on 3 and W like that as Q is my sprint key and R is my F5 which my index finger almost constantly touches. Only downside of this is I'm clumsy and end up pressing F1 instead of 1. I'm not exactly the most dextrous individual. :S

Xystz

Quantum
Reaction score
Your setup feels weird. I have my middle finger on W alright, but have a hybrid-ish way of scrolling to slot 2 then hotkeying back to 1 with my left ring finger. I can't have my middle and index fingers so close together on 3 and W like that as Q is my sprint key and R is my F5 which my index finger almost constantly touches. Only downside of this is I'm clumsy and end up pressing F1 instead of 1. I'm not exactly the most dextrous individual. :S
his setup is actually the most common lmao
I use ring for 1 and 2. Pointer for 3,4,5,6. Scroll to 7 and mouse buttons for 8 and 9.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci