• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hawk's Social Tension Theory

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
So as of lately there seems to be some drama between the players and staff. More specifically the Senior staff. I've come to the realization that there are classes in mcsg. Just as there is tension between the middle class and the 1% there's tension between the players and staff here. This doesn't apply to all mods but some do see themselves as above the normal mcsg players. We players see this it creates the idea that a lot of mods see themselves as above others. Hence class tension is born. This creates the drama we see. A real life example could be the Race Riots of Detroit in the 1940s. Both sides feel called up to what they feel is an injustice and thy blame it on a class or a group of members in the class. And the cycle continues again and again.

I'm honestly not sure if that made sense to anyone else but it's just my theory. The best way I can see to fixing it is having everything being talked out and having an equal compromise be reached for current and future conflicts. You can take what you want from this thread. You might find it interesting or you might just think I'm crazy. To each his own I guess :)

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
Or you know, people could just not take everything so seriously, and everything would be fine.

But no, now we need community meetings for this stuff. Jesus.

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Or you know, people could just not take everything so seriously, and everything would be fine.

But no, now we need community meetings for this stuff. Jesus.
I don't mean community meetings, I mean meetings between the people it actually involves. When issues are actually talked out threads like this: http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/a-rumor.65558/ aren't needed and less drama is created. Also if you don't think class tension doesn't exist irl it's been proven that it does, I'm not as crazy as you think: http://www.amiestudy.com/forum/social-tensions-and-their-causes-at-society-and-environment-t569.html

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci