• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Helios - Kingdom of the Sky

Do you think this map should be added to MCSG?

• Total voters

SuperxAndrew

District 13
Reaction score
Download Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/?9mq07mm5ycewmb7
*(Updated February 22, 2015)*

For anyone wishing to compare this to Mortal Skies, I've already won that argument with some other uninformed poster:
If the only way you know how to critique maps is by comparing them to other maps, then it is best you leave this section of the forums. It won't go over so well with other builders; however, I am willing to have a friendly debate about your point.

Yes, Mortal Skies and my map share a similar style. Steampunkish, medievalish, floatyish... I could go on. However, just because of the similarities doesn't mean the theme is unoriginal... let me explain:

Mortal Skies is a floating, ship-constructing community. From what I can tell, the map has some houses and a lot of industrial sectors where you can see air-ships being built, and probably the most important piece of my argument: modern airplanes. My map has nothing modern about it, my map is a medieval kingdom with a castle and airship technology. Also, there are certainly no industrial/building areas which Mortal Skies mostly consists of.
I could stop here, but it is also important for me to point out that it is a floating structure and my map consists of skylands. The difference? Skylands are floating islands of earth, Mortal Skies is a wooden structure floating above the earth.
Now, I've made my point.

Yes, they share similar style, they even share similar builds. However, for you to be so rudely sarcastic with me... "Boy, I wish people came up with new themes for maps."... is not the way to critique a map. A map that I think is actually quite good and took me hours upon hours of work. Also, the fact that this is a different theme which I thoroughly explained above.

Feel free to respond to me, but anything you say can be rendered mute at this point. Probably best you just leave the thread.
DatPikachu

Lead Builder:

SuperxAndrew

Other Helpers:
1) Joel Maury-Holmes
2) DatPikachu
3) Chris|Bro
4) Mamiamato24

Game Type:
This is a Minecraft Survival Games Map

Description Of The Map:
Helios was my attempt at a 'playable' void map. Most of the time with void maps they are impossible to have enjoyable pvp on. I believe I have changed that. With 4 main (big) islands offering many flat areas for pvp and exploring, I think that gameplay that this map will present will be like never before. Of course there is always the possibility of getting knocked into the void, but that is part of it.

Helios is a medieval sky kingdom. Some key points are: a farm area, a castle, a housing area, a 'hot air balloon island', and a market area.

There are approximately 300 chests (270 tier 1, 30 tier 2). A lot like Zone 85!!!

The size is comparable to Breeze Island. About a 200 radius. (Since it is a void map the void was the 'natural' wall. No glass dome was needed. However, it still fits in the size requirements being just over the 200 minimum.)

Please note that a glass floor was put on level y=1 to prevent void lag. Also "lag blocks" such as item frames were minimized; the map should be relatively lag free.

Video/ScreenShots:

Cords Of Corn:
x= 0 y=130 z=0

Radius of Map:
Like stated above the radius isn't exact, but the islands extend just past the 200 minimum. The void the natural wall.

===============
I, SuperxAndrew, agree and accept that by submitting this map to the MCGamer Network for consideration it may be altered by the staff of MCGamer at any time in order to make gameplay changes. Also, by accepting this you understand that any violation of the map guidelines such as, but not limited to OP items being placed, may result in the immediate removal of your map and or any associated given ranks (VIP) from our servers. The MCGamer staff have full rights to decide whether or not the map in question is applied to or remains on the server network and the status of the map is subject to change at any time.

Last edited:

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
You just keep amazing me with the awesome maps you build!! Great job! :D

Carson252

Diamond
Reaction score
I like it, if it is accepted I can't wait to find it and test it out.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
Definitely the most well-built sky map that there is and easily surpasses the quality of pretty much every single map on the servers c:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It was truly a honor working with you on this, even though I really only did like the interior for one building and placed a couple chests. :p

My fingers are crossed and I hope this gets on the servers! ^-^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci