• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Help: Improving Minecraft Performance

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
Hello!

So recently, I've felt a sudden sense of nostalgia for the game I remember loving playing in the past, and I decided to pop into the servers to play some SG. Except...it didn't go so well. My fps fluctuated between 5 and 40, which made the experience so unbearable.

Leave down any recommendations for how I could optimize it's performance on my computer (other than tinkering with the in-game settings, which didn't really help). The specs for my computer are here, and I'm pretty sure with the i5 route I should be getting more fps. Or maybe not, who knows? Anyway, let me know if you have any ideas, as it could also help others who don't have three thousand dollar computers, but manage to survive on toasters like myself.

Who knew a block game would be so demanding?

*edit: I'm using 1.7, have optifine and no texture pack

Last edited:

RiskIt

Career
Reaction score
Try turning VBOS on as well as installing Optfine (If you haven't already) These two things increase frames tremendously. Other than that the basic things you can do is turn off some animations and particles as well as render distance. Hope this helps you out! :)

dq

District 13
Reaction score
It's 1:22 am and I'm really tired

I can barely keep my eyes open

no advice only lag and sadness

goodnight friends

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
optifine bruh
Gosh if I didn't have it I wouldn't even be able to open Minecraft xD
Try turning VBOS on as well as installing Optfine (If you haven't already) These two things increase frames tremendously. Other than that the basic things you can do is turn off some animations and particles as well as render distance. Hope this helps you out! :)
As I mentioned, I already have Optifine installed, and since I'm still using 1.7 I don't think VBOS is actually in the game.

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
I would turn off all of your animations, I get 600 fps with it all on, but disabled goes up to 1000

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
Use Optfine it higher you're fps you can also take away clouds and stuff so it makes less lag i suggest that.

Zewzsy

Survivor
Reaction score
or...

smak ur head into the monitor until u get MAX FPS!!!

jokes dont (might b ur texturepack)

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
I would turn off all of your animations, I get 600 fps with it all on, but disabled goes up to 1000
Going to try this :D
Use Optfine it higher you're fps you can also take away clouds and stuff so it makes less lag i suggest that.
I edited the thread to state that I have optifine pre-installed, and I think it states that turning clouds off doesn't really make a difference.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
This will make your game look disgusting, but it's worth a shot if you absolutely need an FPS boost:
In-game, look for some sort of resolution tab provided by Optifine. I believe it's under "Details". Lower that while windowed, and press F11 - voila. Less lag, disgusting graphics.

Mamiamato24

Diamond
Reaction score
This will make your game look disgusting, but it's worth a shot if you absolutely need an FPS boost:
In-game, look for some sort of resolution tab provided by Optifine. I believe it's under "Details". Lower that while windowed, and press F11 - voila. Less lag, disgusting graphics.
I'll resort to this in my times of absolute desperateness.
Thank you!

Triping

Platinum
Reaction score
I fixed it by punching my computer
Throwing it
And punching it some more

Then I realized it was such a piece of Good that I needed a new one
So I bought a new one

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics