• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Help with MCSG FAQs page

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
Hello tributes, the staff are working on a FAQs page and would like to ask for help from the community. As of now, the FAQs page is separated into 6 sections; General, In game, forum, staff, staff application and teamspeak. If you would like to help out, post below a FAQ question and it will be added. There will be a template below, you are not required to follow it but it would be easier for us.

Section: [general, in game, forum, staff,staff application, team speak]
Question:
Answer:
If you are unsure of the answer to a FAQ, just leave it blank and hopefully we can answer it. Thank you in advance to those who are contributing to the page!

More info about the page: there will be short video tutorials as well as well as picture tutorials for majority of the FAQs. If you would like to see the current progress of the page, go over to the Google doc at the bottom of the thread. Note that at this point we are focusing more on getting questions rather than how it looks. Those details will be added sometime down the rode. Hopefully we could get this page up and public in a week or two.

If you have any questions regarding the page itself, post below. Any off topic discussion will be deleted.

The FAQs page can be found here:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/mcsg-frequently-asked-questions.47301/

DaPieHD

Career
Reaction score
FIRST
this isn't my question, but i see it asked alot:
Section: Staff Application
Question: Does staff experience help me get mod?
Answer: Yes, as we know you are qualified and understand the power at hand
not the best answer :p

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
FIRST
this isn't my question, but i see it asked alot:
Section: Staff Application
Question: Does staff experience help me get mod?
Answer: Yes, as we know you are qualified and understand the power at hand
not the best answer :p
Thanks, added.

Also updated the public page with a newer version of the FAQs

DaPieHD

Career
Reaction score
Also, alot of people are asking these questions in the hub, so if you add a section for that, add these:
Section:The Hub (If added)
Question: What is this place?
Answer: This is the MCGamer's hub. You can connect to MCSG, MCTF2, Survival, Creative, etc.
Section: The Hub (If added)
Question: How do i play?
Answer: Right click while holding the compass, and select the game mode you'd like to play.

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
Also, alot of people are asking these questions in the hub, so if you add a section for that, add these:
Section:The Hub (If added)
Question: What is this place?
Answer: This is the MCGamer's hub. You can connect to MCSG, MCTF2, Survival, Creative, etc.
Section: The Hub (If added)
Question: How do i play?
Answer: Right click while holding the compass, and select the game mode you'd like to play.
A hub section will be added as soon as the hub goes public since there would be a lot of FAQs to add now as it is in early development.

Lively

District 13
Reaction score
Here are a few questions I thought of

General section:
Q. What constitutes advertising?
A. Advertising consists of linking the IP or website of another server or community.
Q.If I have a YouTube account, am I allowed to advertise that?
A. Yes, provided you produce MCSG related content. If not, don't link it unless specifically asked.

In game:
Q. Can I block glitch, even if I'm stuck?
A. No, block glitching of any kind is not allowed in our servers. If you're stuck in a trap, you'll have to wait it out.
Q. How can I get video evidence of a person hacking?
A. Use a screen recording application, such as FRAPS, to record short videos of hacking users, and report them in the report abuse section of the forums.
Q. What should I do if I see a person avoiding the swear filter?
A. Press F2 to take a quick screenshot. The screenshots taken with F2 will appear in the Screenshots folder of the Minecraft file. Report them in the Report abuse section of the forums.

Staff:
I got nothing.

Staff Application:
Q. If I don't have any experience moderating an online community, could other jobs or positions, such as lifeguarding, be counted as experience?
A. (I need a staff to answer this one.)

Forums:
I got nothing.

Teamspeak:
I got nothing.

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
Section: [general, in game, forum, staff,staff application, team speak] Ingame
Question:Why cant I hit people?
Answer: Chances are your ghosted. Type /gf and you will be teleported to where you were last. then you can hit people

slasherxtreme

District 13
Reaction score
Here are a few questions I thought of

General section:
Q. What constitutes advertising?
A. Advertising consists of linking the IP or website of another server or community.
Q.If I have a YouTube account, am I allowed to advertise that?
A. Yes, provided you produce MCSG related content. If not, don't link it unless specifically asked.

In game:
Q. Can I block glitch, even if I'm stuck?
A. No, block glitching of any kind is not allowed in our servers. If you're stuck in a trap, you'll have to wait it out.
Q. How can I get video evidence of a person hacking?
A. Use a screen recording application, such as FRAPS, to record short videos of hacking users, and report them in the report abuse section of the forums.
Q. What should I do if I see a person avoiding the swear filter?
A. Press F2 to take a quick screenshot. The screenshots taken with F2 will appear in the Screenshots folder of the Minecraft file. Report them in the Report abuse section of the forums.

Staff:
I got nothing.

Staff Application:
Q. If I don't have any experience moderating an online community, could other jobs or positions, such as lifeguarding, be counted as experience?
A. (I need a staff to answer this one.)

Forums:
I got nothing.

Teamspeak:
I got nothing.
Section: [general, in game, forum, staff,staff application, team speak] Ingame
Question:Why cant I hit people?
Answer: Chances are your ghosted. Type /gf and you will be teleported to where you were last. then you can hit people
Thanks for the help. All questions were added.

netherbawss235

Spectator
Reaction score
I am in the creative area but I was trapped and the people Cayarosen and Garretstan trapped me in a "prison"
and because it is not my plot and I can't help them i am trapped
Proof:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci