• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Helper Rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dak

Platinum
Reaction score
The reason I don't feel this is a good idea is because players will go out of their way trying to get people banned for anything and everything just so they can get the rank, which will mean a lot of pointless reports that we will have to take the time to look at just to have it be something that we can't punish the player for.

royroyboy

Experienced
Reaction score
I like the idea, it might (even though there's little power behind it) make some people listen a bit more. and if they see you have the rank they might realize you're not the person to mess with. it might.... how do you say..... Shock some 'fake authority' into the player, tricking them to stop doing what they're doing. Dunno if you can understand me but i like the idea :)

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
The idea is interesting, however I don't think it would fit MCSG. -Why not fox? For the simple of reason its similar to a Jr.Mod. I report users, I follow the rules as written and tell other players to not break them, yes and even after that I still get called as you said: "You're not a mod", "You can't tell me what to do", "ThatOneFox thinks he can be a mod", etc.

Now, lets divide it on pros and cons:

Pros:
They will have a reward for reporting players weekly and accurately.
They will get a rank to at least people to care on what they're telling to other users.

Cons:
The rank can be purposely abused
The rank is kind of pointless
As Slasherxtream once said on a guide, no Jr.Mods.

I would however modify your idea. Instead of having a custom rank, lets give a reward! Every time you report someone you get 500 in-game points. Moderators would be able to add the points to the user on the Forums panel as a reward. I think its more proper, but still not needed.

I think that sums everything up!

Kellett15

Tribute
Reaction score
Helpers fit more into Faction servers than Survival games servers!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
The idea is interesting, however I don't think it would fit MCSG. -Why not fox? For the simple of reason its similar to a Jr.Mod. I report users, I follow the rules as written and tell other players to not break them, yes and even after that I still get called as you said: "You're not a mod", "You can't tell me what to do", "ThatOneFox thinks he can be a mod", etc.

Now, lets divide it on pros and cons:

Pros:
They will have a reward for reporting players weekly and accurately.
They will get a rank to at least people to care on what they're telling to other users.

Cons:
The rank can be purposely abused
The rank is kind of pointless
As Slasherxtream once said on a guide, no Jr.Mods.

I would however modify your idea. Instead of having a custom rank, lets give a reward! Every time you report someone you get 500 in-game points. Moderators would be able to add the points to the user on the Forums panel as a reward. I think its more proper, but still not needed.

I think that sums everything up!
Then it would be way too easy to get points. The reward is the rule breaker being punished, and that's that. No other reward is necessary.

Diar

District 13
Reaction score
I submitted more than 150 reports before I became a moderator. If that feature was in place, I would have earned 75,000 points. Granted, about 10-15 of them weren't actually banned, but that is still quite a lot of points.

Frankly, there's no need for a reward; the satisfaction of helping the community should be enough. That's what the moderator position is all about.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
I submitted more than 150 reports before I became a moderator. If that feature was in place, I would have earned 75,000 points. Granted, about 10-15 of them weren't actually banned, but that is still quite a lot of points.

Frankly, there's no need for a reward; the satisfaction of helping the community should be enough. That's what the moderator position is all about.
I do agree with you. I said the idea wasn't needed, but its a proper modification to it. I wouldn't really care if I would get points or not. I get enough from the satisfaction whenever I report a hacker or someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci