• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

High FPS but Lagging.....

Lunasverse

Spectator
Reaction score
So, I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I guess I will start with my basic computer specs: i7-4790k @4.4Ghz, MSI Classic GTX 970 OC (~1300Mhz) and 8GB ddr3 1600Mhz ram. I run at over 300fps on basically every map even while recording, the problem is it looks laggy. I never have this issue on any other server but my fps looks really laggy on MCGamer even though I get decent fps.....

Patrified

Career
Reaction score
There are 2 parts to lag, FPS lag and Connection Lag. Because you're getting >300 FPS, and your frames seem to be fine, it's an internet connection issue. I would recommend getting an Ethernet Cable and hooking it into your computer or getting higher speed internet.

Lunasverse

Spectator
Reaction score
There are 2 parts to lag, FPS lag and Connection Lag. Because you're getting >300 FPS, and your frames seem to be fine, it's an internet connection issue. I would recommend getting an Ethernet Cable and hooking it into your computer or getting higher speed internet.
I do not believe so. Every other server I have no issue with lag like this what so ever. I have the fastest internet in my area (tops at 18mbps down and 1mbps up). I really don't understand why I am lagging ;-; (also I get ~80ms with no packet loss)

Patrified

Career
Reaction score
I do not believe so. Every other server I have no issue with lag like this what so ever. I have the fastest internet in my area (tops at 18mbps down and 1mbps up). I really don't understand why I am lagging ;-; (also I get ~80ms with no packet loss)
Distance from server host possibly?

Valswee

Diamond
Reaction score
I heard that if you get some Coke, gargle it, Spit it into a bowl, add 5 pumps of maple syrup, then paint it onto your keyboard, you will be lag free

JoelJCE

Career
Reaction score
Download/upload speed generally doesn't have to be considered in situations where a user is lagging (unless your download/upload speed is highly unstable). Download and upload speed are a measurement of how much data can be transferred per second. It does not measure latency.

For latency, you should be looking at ping, which is a measurement of the round-trip time to get from your local network to the server and back. What region are you located in (and which regional server are you connecting to)? Is the issue sporadic or have you been experiencing it since whenever you started? Have you tried running traceroute or MTR utilities on MCGamer and servers that you don't have problems on to see if there's some difference/overlap with the results?

Reaction score
FPS and internet connection are not the same.
If you're saying that in the recording it looks laggy, you can modify some settings in the recording software you're using so the next time you record it will look better. If you're talking about internet lags, then that has nothing to do with FPS or your recording software, probably your internet connection or something server-sided.

I heard that if you get some Coke, gargle it, Spit it into a bowl, add 5 pumps of maple syrup, then paint it onto your keyboard, you will be lag free
holy sht i just got LEM from this ty stranger from the internet

Mend

Gold
Reaction score
fac reset ur pc. if its your connection get a new router.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci