• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

HiveSG vs MCSG un-official clan wars

Reaction score
(I made a thread like this on the hive)
I thought it would be cool to have MCSG vs Hive clan wars! It would bring a new aspect of cw tactics against 2 different communities! So here's how it would work:
- The two clans would agree on a date to play
- It would be best of 7 (first to 4)
Here's how the rounds would work/be located since each server has a different type of gameplay:
1st round - Hive
2nd round - MCSG
3rd round - MCSG
4th round -Hive
If needed:
5th round - MCSG
6th round - Hive.
This would give each team an equal amount of rounds on their home server.
The clans can organize tourneys or have prizes for each other for the win/loss.
Good idea?

Reaction score
IMO, no, it's not a good idea. Hive and MCG are two seperate communities. Clans on Hive are different from MCG. People can think that the home servers, in this case for me, MCG, could favor one side rather than TheHiveSG.

Also, the tensions between the two servers are still decently high, which wouldn't be the best if you combine them.

Reaction score
IMO, no, it's not a good idea. Hive and MCG are two seperate communities. Clans on Hive are different from MCG. People can think that the home servers, in this case for me, MCG, could favor one side rather than TheHiveSG.

Also, the tensions between the two servers are still decently high, which wouldn't be the best if you combine them.
Why not combine them? What do you mean the tensions are high?
And that's why it's best you're pvp skills are good enough on any server

Turtle

Diamond
Reaction score
I swear this thread was made like exactly, like 5 months ago. I am NOT going crazy...

oshisomethingmeh

Experienced
Reaction score
not everyone said no, and I just wanted to revive it!
Whatever you say. Either way, here is my standpoint (again). The gameplay between the servers is different, the skill level is different, the ping is different if you're a U.S. player for mcsg. Plus clans in US mcsg do 6v6s 8v8s and 7v7s. To compromise, it'd need to be a private server with mediations taken for fairness. It'd require a compromise of item patterns, chests or crates, etc. OR you'd have to alternate between playing mcsg and playing hive each round. You'd also need to compromise on 5-6v5-6 (whichever you agree on). Then the main issue that's unsolvable is ping. A full team of people with 200 ping against a full team of 30 is incredibly unfair. The only way to solve this would be to have a server host network in the Atlantic ocean which isn't physically possible. So the only way I can find that would be fair to both teams in my opinion would to only play EU MCSG so that the hive players get ping advantage when mcsg get gameplay and route advantage. Even considering this, it's more beneficial to MCSG players. There simply isn't a way to make this work unless it's EU mcsg against hive.

Reaction score
Whatever you say. Either way, here is my standpoint (again). The gameplay between the servers is different, the skill level is different, the ping is different if you're a U.S. player for mcsg. Plus clans in US mcsg do 6v6s 8v8s and 7v7s. To compromise, it'd need to be a private server with mediations taken for fairness. It'd require a compromise of item patterns, chests or crates, etc. OR you'd have to alternate between playing mcsg and playing hive each round. You'd also need to compromise on 5-6v5-6 (whichever you agree on). Then the main issue that's unsolvable is ping. A full team of people with 200 ping against a full team of 30 is incredibly unfair. The only way to solve this would be to have a server host network in the Atlantic ocean which isn't physically possible. So the only way I can find that would be fair to both teams in my opinion would to only play EU MCSG so that the hive players get ping advantage when mcsg get gameplay and route advantage. Even considering this, it's more beneficial to MCSG players. There simply isn't a way to make this work unless it's EU mcsg against hive.
A separate server could be a good idea.
If it wasn't on another server however, it would just be 4v4's due to TheHive's rule of a team cannot be more than 4. And for now it would be only EU clans playing until US Hive comes out.

Otto

Diamond
Reaction score
Nah. Im an sg player, and though MCSG has poisoned me against hive (Doing all the things to make it look bad) I still dont like its gameplay, Im too used to MCSG.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci