• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

SURVIVAL GAMES Holiday resort map

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
hate to be a stick in the mud but I dont think it should be added
It looks fun and like a well made map BUT it just dosnt make sence for a SG map.. everything else so far has been natural land or destroyed civilization or barren stuff. This looks like a live, active, happy, resort....
We do murder and backstab on these maps overall. Were not turning this into call of duty or some kids first person shooter. We have our own theme and feel that I think this dosnt fit.
Idk I want to play on this map, I think it would be fun to try. I just dont think it fits the feel/theme of MCSG

Simey

Career
Reaction score
hate to be a stick in the mud but I dont think it should be added
It looks fun and like a well made map BUT it just dosnt make sence for a SG map.. everything else so far has been natural land or destroyed civilization or barren stuff. This looks like a live, active, happy, resort....
We do murder and backstab on these maps overall. Were not turning this into call of duty or some kids first person shooter. We have our own theme and feel that I think this dosnt fit.
Idk I want to play on this map, I think it would be fun to try. I just dont think it fits the feel/theme of MCSG
Confused is the least I can say.

'everything else so far has been natural land or destroyed civilization or barren stuff. This looks like a live, active, happy, resort....'
Exactly what I was after. I'm a huge fan of terraforming, but what I'm after is a lively map. with not only cool natural landscape. I'm after something vibrante!

'We do murder and backstab on these maps overall.'
I can't think of a better place to backstab someone than ontop of a giant rollercoaster!

'Were not turning this into call of duty or some kids first person shooter.'
How is this even like COD? Unless you go running around looking for chests on FPS.. I don't know what you're on about.

'We have our own theme and feel that I think this dosnt fit.'
Send me a link to the MCSG theme please.

To sum it up, I think having a modern map wouldn't hurt once in a while. I'm glad you posted that, since it grasps really well what I feel is missing in these sort of maps. I wanted something fresh, modern and entertaining to play on. But by all means, I appreciate your comment... constructive critiscm is always a plus.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Confused is the least I can say.

'everything else so far has been natural land or destroyed civilization or barren stuff. This looks like a live, active, happy, resort....'
Exactly what I was after. I'm a huge fan of terraforming, but what I'm after is a lively map. with not only cool natural landscape. I'm after something vibrante!

'We do murder and backstab on these maps overall.'
I can't think of a better place to backstab someone than ontop of a giant rollercoaster!

'Were not turning this into call of duty or some kids first person shooter.'
How is this even like COD? Unless you go running around looking for chests on FPS.. I don't know what you're on about.

'We have our own theme and feel that I think this dosnt fit.'
Send me a link to the MCSG theme please.

To sum it up, I think having a modern map wouldn't hurt once in a while. I'm glad you posted that, since it grasps really well what I feel is missing in these sort of maps. I wanted something fresh, modern and entertaining to play on. But by all means, I appreciate your comment... constructive critiscm is always a plus.
sorry for being confusing, Ill try and explain in the order you quoted

-All I was getting at is that our current maps may have awesome lively landscapes, the feel itself isnt "lively" it dosnt feel like people are currently living there and having a fun happy time, which I think your map portrays, and is what i dont think fits.

-Just a bit.. silly but ok. Silly, fun, cute. Again emotions I dont think fit the SG. Yes we have fun, I even have silly/fun trolling ppl in game sometimes. But we are surviving, and fighting to the death. This map may be added, and the community may love it, but that dosnt change the fact its feel dosnt fit the current SG. It would certainly add a new element.

-There are just a few COD maps out there similar to this. Also I say that because COD has such a wide variety of maps, they dont have a central theme or feel to their maps. You just kill eachother, who cares what the map looks like. Just look at nuketown. In parallel I dont want MCSG to be the same.

-There isnt a link... its just what has been.. created over months of playing. There are no set rules and I am not saying this officially or anything. My opinion as a player from beta just thinks this dosnt fit the theme I feel MCSG has created.

-We have modern maps. I am not sure what you mean by modern exactly but map 2 and 4 and even 5 are modern maps. They just arent to... idk. They have a realistic darkness to them, all the maps do. (the variede ones anyway.) Yours, to me, while made well and does look fun to play on, just is to lighthearted for MCSG.
Again my opinion.

edit: And this isnt constructive criticism. I am not criticizing your map. I think it is well made and looks like a fun map to play on. Also I have no constructive suggestions for it as a map.
I am simply stating my opinion that I dont think it belongs in these servers.
But thanks for being accepting of my opinion. It would be silly after all if only the positive votes posted and non of the negative ones did. :)

Simey

Career
Reaction score
sorry for being confusing, Ill try and explain in the order you quoted

-All I was getting at is that our current maps may have awesome lively landscapes, the feel itself isnt "lively" it dosnt feel like people [...]
I am simply stating my opinion that I dont think it belongs in these servers.
But thanks for being accepting of my opinion. It would be silly after all if only the positive votes posted and non of the negative ones did. :)
I guess we'll simply have to agree to disagree :). I think having different genres of maps makes MCSG a little more interesting. Thanks for your feedback.

Hawk62

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Just bumping this thread. This map deserves it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci