• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Host located in Asia aka Asian servers. (AU part wasn't forgotten too)

Does the suggestion look rightly?

• No, it's not right.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My opinion below.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Hakodate

Gold
Reaction score
Hello tributes, as you all know MCGamer Staff removed an AU part of MCG Servers. And yes, in 7th MCG Awards the most wanted location was "East Coast - US". So I think that's waste of money:
All players in Canada/Central America/USA are getting a decent ping like 100 and it's playable as well.
And so my suggestion will be good for whole Asian/Australian community. The host in Singapore, differently an AS server.
So the reasons to do that are:
All Australian players will get a decent ping there, like 90-100 I think.
2. Australia have so unstable internet, you know.
3. All Asia & PAC will get the chance to play with decent ping.
4. Returning Australian host is waste of money too, because Asian community still doesn't have a decent ping to AU, they're getting about 300 ms (me too, I live in Japan).
I'm doing this not because I'm selfish and wanna get a good ping. I already have good ping on US servers. I just really want to do something to Asian community which I'm in. I hope so my opinion will be heard, have a great day!
Discressum, the EU/US Gold donor.

Last edited:

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, but this kind of leaves NZ players out as I can't imagine they'd get good ping. I for example got around 60ms to the old AU servers as I live in the south island of New Zealand. I can imagine that would roughly double my ping and playing on 120+ms isn't a good experience

Hakodate

Gold
Reaction score
Not a bad idea, but this kind of leaves NZ players out as I can't imagine they'd get good ping. I for example got around 60ms to the old AU servers as I live in the south island of New Zealand. I can imagine that would roughly double my ping and playing on 120+ms isn't a good experience
I don't really know what ping will have NZ players. I think that will be 130-140 ms, but it's anyways decent ping. Some of players from Asia actually play with 200+ ms, excepting Japanese ones (140-170 ms average).
And by the way I think AU servers are the waste of money cuz all players from Pacific region are getting so retarded traceroute to AU (for example, from Singapore to AU - 300 ms, from AU Southwest to Singapore - 100 ms). If ISPs in PAC will fix that problem - AU host won't be the waste of money.

Cardon

Experienced
Reaction score
Honestly I agree. A US East Coast would be a massive waste of money. It's the timing to find a great ISP to host in the best location.

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
The reality is, AU will not return. The exact same thing has happened to both AS and CA, and they've been gone for years

Narwhalll

Quantum
Reaction score
Omfg seriously. Ask yourself the question "will this profit mcsg or benefit them in anyway?" If you answered no you're right and should just give up, if you answered yes you're delusional af.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Same thing happened to AS and CA. I somehow doubt that MCGamer would put a server in Singapore if they aren't willing to accommodate AU, at least from a financial point of view. Sure, I'd love to see AU return and the server be hosted in a more central location, but we have to be realisitic. Unless the money is right, and Chad wants to do it, then it won't be coming back.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No you don't, you don't care. Shut up
Last I checked, I'm me, and I know what I want. Not you. I'm not sure why you're trying to infer that you know what I'm thinking or what my desires are.

TeeArent

Survivor
Reaction score
Last I checked, I'm me, and I know what I want. Not you. I'm not sure why you're trying to infer that you know what I'm thinking or what my desires are.
You're from US you don't care about AU you are just trying to be a 'good community member'.

Fishing for likes

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You're from US you don't care about AU you are just trying to be a 'good community member'.

Fishing for likes
Since when does not being a resident of AU disqualify me from caring about the wellbeing of the network? Your arguments are both fallacious and straight-up wrong. Please stop.

By the way, I'm from Canada.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci