• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hostile Mobs making the Survival Games a PvE?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittyToothpaste

Spectator
Reaction score
Hostile mobs usually cause the deaths of tributes in the Survival Games, unlike the actual Hunger Games. This has become a problem for many players, so I think the difficulty should be lowered so the games can be PvP, not PvE. There should still be hostile mobs, just not as many. In The Hunger Games, hostile animals made only one appearance.
Plus, it would be nice if angry wolves could be a hostile mob. It would project the dogs from the book and from the movie.

Awopcxet

Experienced
Reaction score
why?

personally i think if you get killed by mobs you haven't got anything good

Valorman1

Tribute
Reaction score
Agreed with Awopcxet. It also speeds the games up, because in the first 10 min or so of the games a decent amount of people just die from mobs. Normally in early game, people just run from each other until they get a sword, which if they didn't have a big threat of dying from mobs would make the games go on longer. Also if we lower the difficulty, the hunger bar gets affected by it too.

It's survival games, it should be tough to survive.

KittyToothpaste

Spectator
Reaction score
Agreed with Awopcxet. It also speeds the games up, because in the first 10 min or so of the games a decent amount of people just die from mobs. Normally in early game, people just run from each other until they get a sword, which if they didn't have a big threat of dying from mobs would make the games go on longer. Also if we lower the difficulty, the hunger bar gets affected by it too.

It's survival games, it should be tough to survive.
Why does it have to be a PvE server? I don't see why it's fun if most people die of mobs, why can't they be killed by other players?

sovca

Tribute
Reaction score
Oh! I've been trying to think of a way to force people together, as sometimes you end up with ~6 people left, all spread out across the map, possibly in groups. Perhaps if there were more mobs further out, it could force them into the middle (similar to how they were controlled in the movie (and I assume the books, I haven't read them yet)). The increase in spawn rate should perhaps only happen when the player count goes down to ~20%, or no-one has died for 5 minutes or something.

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
That's not necessarily true. You could get attacked my a group of hostile mobs, which happens a lot.
I think you're missing the point. If people don't have much gear, they're basically worthless to the games and the entertainment value of the spectators, which means they're not real competitors (because if they have no good gear, they basically have no chance anyway), but instead just more people that the "real" competitors need to kill to end th game earlier. I don't think that The Survival Games should be viewed as a PvP alone. The PvE aspect helps speed up the games, create more motives for trying hard to get good gear and adds another obstacle on the way to victory, making it more interesting to watch.

Valorman1

Tribute
Reaction score
Why does it have to be a PvE server? I don't see why it's fun if most people die of mobs, why can't they be killed by other players?
It's not a PvE Server. It's PvP and PvE.
Also, in the hunger games you have to survive the wilderness too, it's not full PvP. For Minecraft, the wilderness is hostile mobs and a hunger bar.

Haydenw37

Survivor
Reaction score
If you read the Hunger Games books, you learn about the Games that Haymitch won had many 'mutations' that were incredibly aggressive and caused the deaths of many of the tributes. I agree with all those above me, that the mobs shorten the game and it wouldn't be Minecraft without them. yeah ok its annoying when you die from a creeper explosion but isn't that the way in normal SSP or SMP?

Joemzone

Tribute
Reaction score
How about non-animal servers, like 1 or 2 just for those guys

Chopper7775

Survivor
Reaction score
In the 50th hunger games, it's recorded that around 8 tributes were killed by lava, one was severed by pointed-beak birds, one was killed by a hostile pack of squirrels. Probably many more were killed by creatures.

purplepieman

Career
Reaction score
Most of the tributes in the 75th Hunger Games were killed by the environment, and come on its one thing if you get jumped by a pack of creepers, but it is so easy to just run from some assorted zombies and skeletons... they eventually lose interest. If you get killed by mobs, you usually deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci