• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Hotbar-Organising

Status
Not open for further replies.

G33ke

Community Engagement Team Representative
Reaction score
Why put arrows in your hotbar? Waste of a hotbar slot
Well...what else are you going to put there? Food? Flint and steel? That's about it for other useful choices, unless you have an enderpearl.
Often, I can get away with just two different kinds of food in my hotbar at a time easily. (although I try to keep it at 3+ unless it's deathmatch and I have lots of steak/pork/golden carrots/golden apples.) It's only 6 slots to have sword, bow, fishing rod, two flint and steels, and the arrows. That leaves 3 for food...and honestly, I can't see why you'd ever need more.

As gcb has already said above, it's actually quite useful for me to have them in the hotbar. When I know how many arrows I have, I know how careful I need to be with them. If I have more than a stack, I know I can use just about as many as I want...but if I have less than 10, I need to be careful to ensure I will have enough for the current fight and the next, and the next after that. (Keeping in mind my opponent will probably have some on him.) Although this is all entirely possible if it's in your inventory, it does mean you have to stop to check, which you, even with three food slots, almost never have to stop and put food there mid-fight like you would have to do to check arrows...mid-fight is where you will be most commonly looking at that arrow number, too, whereas food is mostly out of fights.

TheGemProject

Career
Reaction score
This is how I roll
1: Sword/Weapon (if any)
2: Bow
3: Fishing Rod
4: Trick Weapon
5. Food
6. Food
7. Food
8. Tnt ( if one the hive, If on something else, I use food)
9. Flint and Steel

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
W
This is how I roll
1: Sword/Weapon (if any)
2: Bow
3: Fishing Rod
4: Trick Weapon
5. Food
6. Food
7. Food
8. Tnt ( if one the hive, If on something else, I use food)
9. Flint and Steel
What do you mean by "Trick Weapon?"

Jadiouu

Platinum
Reaction score
I almost never use scroll so I mostly use numbers and here is mine:

1. Weapon
2. Bow
3. FnS
4. FnS
5. Golden Apples
6. Food
7. Food
8. Food
9. Arrows

I have never used fishing rod in combat :O Do you recommend it and how I should use it?

Also if I am missing some of those there is usually food in their space :p Put never on 1 or 2. Some times I have FnS in 3-5 and then my Golden Apples are in 6.

Gunnishone

Platinum
Reaction score
This is my hotbar setup:

1. Melee Weapon
2. Bow
3. FnS
4. FnS
5. Fishing Rod (It will move up to 3 once I learn how to use it better)
6. Food (Golden Apples if I have them)
7. Food
8. Food
9. Arrows

fatmannumbah8

District 13
Reaction score
1.) sword
2.) bow
3.) f'n's
4.) Fishing rod
5.) f'n's
6.) food
7.) food
8.) arrows
9.) golden app,e.

SpidersFTW

Diamond
Reaction score
1.Sword
2.Bow
3.Fishing Rod
4.F@S
5.F@S
6. Golden Apples
7. Food
8. Food
9.Arrows

SixZoSeven

Community Engagement Team Lead
Reaction score
Well...what else are you going to put there? Food? Flint and steel? That's about it for other useful choices, unless you have an enderpearl.
Often, I can get away with just two different kinds of food in my hotbar at a time easily. (although I try to keep it at 3+ unless it's deathmatch and I have lots of steak/pork/golden carrots/golden apples.) It's only 6 slots to have sword, bow, fishing rod, two flint and steels, and the arrows. That leaves 3 for food...and honestly, I can't see why you'd ever need more.

As gcb has already said above, it's actually quite useful for me to have them in the hotbar. When I know how many arrows I have, I know how careful I need to be with them. If I have more than a stack, I know I can use just about as many as I want...but if I have less than 10, I need to be careful to ensure I will have enough for the current fight and the next, and the next after that. (Keeping in mind my opponent will probably have some on him.) Although this is all entirely possible if it's in your inventory, it does mean you have to stop to check, which you, even with three food slots, almost never have to stop and put food there mid-fight like you would have to do to check arrows...mid-fight is where you will be most commonly looking at that arrow number, too, whereas food is mostly out of fights.
No, no.

You know I am against putting arrows in hotbars as it servers no immediate purpose.
You see, a useful mental skill to have while playing is the ability to see something and remember it. When I get arrows, I quickly take note of how many I have, and remember it. As a result of this, I can put something that will actually actively serve a purpose while I am in a fight. The more flint and steel, the better. Trust me, flint and steel is realistically more useful than arrows when used correctly.

This is due to the fact that flint and steel will deal passive damage to an enemy while arrows deal active damage to an enemy. I can light someone on fire. Afterwards, I can proceed to hack at him with my weapon. By doing this, I am effectively dealing more damage at once. The fire is dealing ongoing passive damage, while my weapon is dealing active damage. With a bow, I can not shoot my enemy and melee attack him at the same time. It just doesn't work like that. :p

Anyhow, my typical hotbar:
Sword | Fishing Rod | Golden Apple | Food | Food | Flint and Steel | Flint and Steel | Flint and Steel | Bow |

Some of you may ask: Why does he have his bow in the last slot?
This is simply because I am only one slot away from my sword. Instead of having it in the third slot, like most, I am only one slot away from both my fishing rod and bow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci