• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How about that lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiesel

Platinum
Reaction score
MCSG need's to get it's crap together it's been so laggy and not fun at all to play these server are honestly bad and not enjoyable anymore
I completely agree with you, over the past few weeks, MCSG has become such a trash server. Like honestly I don't even care anymore, there is so much lag. The dev's say that "ohh there's a lot of server's so of course they're going to be laggy." How about you get rid of about 60 of your servers and you won't be so laggy. Plus you'll save on money and get more money considering everyone will want to join the full ones.

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
The devs are trying their hardest to fix it. It's not exactly easy to keep all these servers running 100% properly all the time. EU had much greater problems than these few weeks of lag on the US servers. Throughout almost all of 2013, they were laggy as heck. That ended up getting fixed (until now). Be patient, fixes will come over time. The devs pretty much have donated all of their free time to this incredible server set, I doubt they will give up due to some lag issues.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Thank you for being completely descriptive about what's going on. </sarcasm>
You have to be a bit more descriptive than "MCSG lags". Stuff like this may help:
  • What server specifically were you on when you experienced the lag?
  • What time did the lag happen?
  • Did other people in the server complain about the same lag?
  • What's your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located in the world?

I completely agree with you, over the past few weeks, MCSG has become such a trash server. Like honestly I don't even care anymore, there is so much lag. The dev's say that "ohh there's a lot of server's so of course they're going to be laggy." How about you get rid of about 60 of your servers and you won't be so laggy. Plus you'll save on money and get more money considering everyone will want to join the full ones. .
People think that we don't care about the issue, when in reality we do care; we just can't fix the issue if people aren't descriptive enough about it. As I said above, saying "MCSG lags!" with no other details isn't helping anyone. And as far as I'm aware, we've never said anything about "there's a lot of servers, so of course they're laggy".

Oh, and for anyone who wants an update on the Europe situation - I'm 99% confident that we'll be switching datacenters (again) within the next few days, as our current datacenter seems unable to resolve the issue.

cmk950003

Platinum
Reaction score
Thank you for being completely descriptive about what's going on. </sarcasm>
You have to be a bit more descriptive than "MCSG lags". Stuff like this may help:
  • What server specifically were you on when you experienced the lag?
  • What time did the lag happen?
  • Did other people in the server complain about the same lag?
  • What's your ISP (internet service provider)?
  • Where are you located in the world?

People think that we don't care about the issue, when in reality we do care; we just can't fix the issue if people aren't descriptive enough about it. As I said above, saying "MCSG lags!" with no other details isn't helping anyone. And as far as I'm aware, we've never said anything about "there's a lot of servers, so of course they're laggy".

Oh, and for anyone who wants an update on the Europe situation - I'm 99% confident that we'll be switching datacenters (again) within the next few days, as our current datacenter seems unable to resolve the issue.
Its just not him Everyone lags its getting really bad, this needs to be fixed ASAP

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Again, "everyone" lags doesnt mean that "everyone" is lagging. We are looking to an issue were 1 proxy server could be overloaded causing 20% percent of our logged in users to experience spikes. We will be posting more surveys later on.

ChadTheDJ

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not from the inicial reports we see on the back-end. If 1 proxy out of 5 is having a problem, only 1/5th of the players would be experiencing this problem. With close to 3,000 people online that will make approximately 600 players have this issue making it seem like "everyone" is lagging.

Another theory is a single game server overloading which could cause 24 lobbies to act up via SG. We are still looking into it, but complaining about it with no helpful details will not make the problem be solved faster.

If this is relating to the EU location, we know already about the lag there and moving from AMS later today to a new location that has been proven to work fine with other large communities.

Tyco

Career
Reaction score
Everyone seems incredibly ignorant when it comes to stuff like networking. It isn't as simple as turning it off and on again, as well as compiling some magical script that will solve all of our problems. No, there are thousands of variables when it comes to connection and the dev. team is working as hard as they can to fix it. Also, it's not like they can automatically know what's wrong. If you've ever coded anything 10% of your time is actually writing, compiling etc. and the other 90% is fixing bugs (I know coding and networking are different but I was just using it as a comparison).

Reactions: Ava
Reaction score
Not to be rude, but maybe people are upset because that the problem isn't being fixed.

cmk950003

Platinum
Reaction score
was in a game earlier everyone went down to 1 bar, then the server crashed, the next game the same thing happen again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci