• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide How and where to report rule breakers

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Hello!
I've seen numerous posts lately regarding where to report hackers, spammers-- any type of rule breakers.
That's awesome, because as you know, Moderators can't be everywhere at once, and it's awesome to have community members reporting anybody we haven't gotten to yet.
Only problem is, some people don't know where to post these, which is why I'm here.
This 'guide' will explain how to report rule breakers (requirements for a report), as well as where to file these reports.
Step 1: Record, or screenshot the rule breaker.
First, and most important step in reporting rule breakers is gathering neccessary evidence.
For hackers, you will need to record a video that is at least 15 seconds long.
If you are reporting someone for using Sprint Hacks, it is essential that you record the player having particles while interacting with environments, such as a chest, or crafting bench, or sprinting while combating, or eating. Since 1.5's bukkit glitch, particles can be caused while standing without the user having Better Sprint mod, outlying it as sufficient proof.
If you are reporting someone abusing the chat rules, such as a spammer, or someone excessively using capitol letters or inappropriate language, you need a screenshot of the player doing such.
Step 2: Uploading your evidence.
Once you've gathered your evidence, you need to upload it to a site where the staff viewing your report can see it.
For screenshots, you'll need to upload the image to imgur.
This is done by loading the site, clicking upload, selecting the image, then click the image once it's been processed and is shown in the imgur frame, so it will load as a .png.
Clicking the picture after the upload isn't essential, although it allows you to directly insert the image rather than having to put a link in the report.
For hacker videos, these need to (preferably) be uploaded to YouTube.
An important thing to remember when uploading Hacker videos to your channel, is to assure that you've checked the "unlisted box", so that only people with a link can view it, and visitors to your channel cannot, preventing unnecessary hate.
Final step: Filing a report.
Now that you've acquired proof, and have uploaded it, you've arrived at the final step; actually filing the report.
This is done, simply by visiting the Report Abuse forum, clicking the "Report abuse template" sub-forum, and copying it.
From there, click "Create Thread" and title your thread {Minecraft name of rule breaker}- {Rule breaker's offense}.
In the text box, paste the template and fill it out.
For example:
IGN: player123
Reason: Aimbot
Proof: {Youtube link to the recorded proof of player123 hacking}
This is how they should look once filled out. They should not look like this:
IGN: Player123
Reason: Hax
Proof: I don't have any, but I really promise he did.
This is wrong because evidence is absolutely neccessary, there's no way around it.
Now that you've filled out the template, you're ready to post it.
Click "Post thread" and your report will be filed.
A staff member will view it, decide punishment, and reply as soon as possible.
-----------------------------------------------
Hopefully this cleared some things up. Feel free to reply, or PM me with any further questions, or confusion.

lachlan_au

Spectator
Reaction score
Hello, Fellow MCSG Gamers!
Is there a video on how to report players?
I really want to report _TurdBurger_.
He is a huge ForceFielder.
I dont have proof,
but if i could give proof i whould.
Please reply.
Thanks, lachlan_au :)

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Hello, Fellow MCSG Gamers!
Is there a video on how to report players?
I really want to report _TurdBurger_.
He is a huge ForceFielder.
I dont have proof,
but if i could give proof i whould.
Please reply.
Thanks, lachlan_au :)
Unfortunately, you can't report someone without evidence, however you can notify a moderator that you suspect the player of hacking, and they can watch them. I'm not sure if there's a specific way to do so, but you could always just send someone a PM :)

lachlan_au

Spectator
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply!
It Helped a bit. I wish i didn't need to post evidence. Thanks for help!
EDIT:
Nice motto thing XD

lachlan_au

Spectator
Reaction score
heres a vid of a hacker! well idk if it was a hacker but i thaught it was!
how do i upload a .avi file? it says error

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci