• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How Can MCGamer Be Saved???

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The server and staff try and force it to be. You are literally forced to keep chat 100% clean, 1 curse and rip chat for at least 3 hours lol.
I meant that as in it isn't a PG community, of course the server rules have been much stricter for a while now, but the community has always been much more advanced maturity-wise than the rules restrict.

NiceOi

Survivor
Reaction score
I meant that as in it isn't a PG community, of course the server rules have been much stricter for a while now, but the community has always been much more advanced maturity-wise than the rules restrict.
true

CAmadeusA

District 13
Reaction score
The AntiCheat:
I don't even need to say anything, we all know it's pretty broken. It kicks people who are playing normally, and doesn't ban the correct people.
Unless you can give some sort of evidence that said punished people were not hacking, we've yet to receive any false punishments that we haven't resolved asap. We're continuing to add to the anticheat with each beta update, in a incremental manner already, so that's not in question. Building an anticheat takes time. We meticulously check it against _every_ aspect of the network, taking hours to construct each check, and hours to test. They're designed so that they cover some of the latest and most advanced clients we can get our hands on. (And the one I've got right now tops every anticheat I've ever tested it on, save our working of it) Unless you're familiar with building an anticheat on a _large_ scale for hundreds to thousands of players, don't just assume its easy and can be done in a day, or a week... It takes time to ensure we're doing it properly and future proofed against other clients that will try to manipulate against it. And believe me, we're working on it significantly. Even last night, we released to beta two new checks that are showing a 37%-45% improvement over previous data. Don't doubt for a second that we're not working our butts off to get this right.

/Rant

ImmaSlapYoFace

Platinum
Reaction score
Unless you can give some sort of evidence that said punished people were not hacking, we've yet to receive any false punishments that we haven't resolved asap. We're continuing to add to the anticheat with each beta update, in a incremental manner already, so that's not in question. Building an anticheat takes time. We meticulously check it against _every_ aspect of the network, taking hours to construct each check, and hours to test. They're designed so that they cover some of the latest and most advanced clients we can get our hands on. (And the one I've got right now tops every anticheat I've ever tested it on, save our working of it) Unless you're familiar with building an anticheat on a _large_ scale for hundreds to thousands of players, don't just assume its easy and can be done in a day, or a week... It takes time to ensure we're doing it properly and future proofed against other clients that will try to manipulate against it. And believe me, we're working on it significantly. Even last night, we released to beta two new checks that are showing a 37%-45% improvement over previous data. Don't doubt for a second that we're not working our butts off to get this right.

/Rant
Maybe go a bit more in depth about tests you conduct on the anti-cheat in the Dev changelog? I mean it gives me a brief insight about what goes on but maybe put a bit more information in there - unless all the info provided is legit all the info that is needed (Because obviously there are multiple posts in there a day). Because it usually just says something like: XAC enhancements, better hit detection or improved accuracy ect.. But maybe say how you did it or what you changed around to make it work? Or better yet I reckon have a recap thread every week or two talking about the most important things you worked on. I have no idea about what goes on behind the scenes, and I do appreciate the hard work that you Devs do, but basically all the community wants (from my knowledge of it) is to be kept in the loop more. Also it would be cool if you made a thread somewhere about all the ins and outs about the anti-cheat so you don't get comments from people saying how bad it is. I'm not having a dig at you at all, infact I was really interested in your comment - it would just be cool to see more information like this =) slap out ✌

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci