• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How could we improve the "/friend" command?

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Greetings,

I hope everyone is have an absolutely wonderful day! I hope this thread makes it even better! So, now that the "introduction" is out of the way, lets get down to business.

I'm sure you are all aware of the "/friend" command that is an active plugin on the MCGamer Network servers. This suggestion is not so much to do with a problem with this particular command, this concerns something that will make our lives easier!

Currently, every-time someone adds you as a friend either in the lobby or a game. This message will show up:

And from my point of view, this is just hassle. When I am in the lobby trying to answer 5,000 questions at the same time, the last thing I want to do is zone out and type something unnecessary. But at the same time, I wish to please everyone.

So what am I suggesting? Well, perhaps it would be better if you could click a button to add them? Rather like when you are invited to a party, and you "Click to join". We know this can be done, why not have it here? I am aware that this is no "game-changing" suggestion, but it would certainly make my life easier!

What do you guys thing? Let me know! I'm interested o_O

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
As long as the /friend command has actually been fixed I'm happy. I've had so many friend requests that I haven't been able to add back because the command was broken and I felt bad :c

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
Well, I don't even have friends anyway...
What are you talking about? I'm your best friend...
As long as the /friend command has actually been fixed I'm happy. I've had so many friend requests that I haven't been able to add back because the command was broken and I felt bad :c
I agree, but this would make things easier?

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What does the friend command do? I've never used it because it's been broken most of the time

Vanth

Quantum
Reaction score
What does the friend command do? I've never used it because it's been broken most of the time
It has been fixed for a while now, however I might be wrong. The friend command notifies you when your friends are online, and many other awesome features!

MoLoToV

Platinum
Reaction score
I would preffer an interface which you can acces with an item in your hotbar

roygator14

Career
Reaction score
One fix could be a command like /friend notify on/off
So you can disable people friending you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci