• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How did you learn about Minecraft? What about MCSG?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
My friend Lemonhammer told me about Minecraft a couple years ago. I played it for a couple days with him, then a couple months later I finally got an account for myself. I played for about a month, with a couple hours per week, but then I didn't play a lot till later.
I learned about MCSG from a friend on a different server. He posted the link on their forums, and I checked it out! It brought me to this website. I tried out a server, and though "This - Is - AWESOME!".

How did you guys learn about them?

Westhead

Survivor
Reaction score
I used to watch my friends sister Laura play it and I used to think how crap it was :p then April 2011 I watched the yogscast play it and I thought to my self I couldn't believe how fun it actually was, me and Laura have played rather alot of times together since then though

MrBobthecool

Survivor
Reaction score
My brother got it for his birthday around a year ago, and i ended up playing on his account a lot...eventually I got my own account. I found out about MCSG by googling...I wanted to play on the map and I found these awesome servers! :D

OmniFlare

Survivor
Reaction score
I learned about minecraft one day when i was visiting a friend who had to talk to one of his friends, at the time i thought it was called Mindcraft and thought it was an older game via the graphic, i didn't play it until later that year when another friend bought it in alpha and played ssp on his account at that moment i was addicted oddly. after paly on his account i finally got my self to stop playing as a third friend pointed out that i was addicted to it. I finally bought it in 2011 feb 14th as i havent played since the time i stopped the previous year, and felt like i want to play it again after watching some youtube videos about tnt cannons. XD,

As for MCSG i had heard about the hunger games style of gameplay from a friend from a now defunct server, then sever months later i come across the first 2 games of the survival games that captainsparkles and antvenom played. Now at that time i didnt know MCSG existed, it was when i saw some of inthelittlewoods games that i noticed a link to the saplings server and from there i discoverd MCSG. :D

Reaction score
I learned from a member of paulsoaresjr's private server. Since then, I am am elated that I had :)

juanhbk1

Experienced
Reaction score
I was a huge COD commentary fan back when Minecraft was Beta 1.2 and was watching Jayex23 when I saw his MC series in the sidebar. I clicked and watched his entire 35 episode series. (Hilarious guy and commentator, shame he took down that series :( ) in the last episode I watched I was interested but not enough to buy. In one episode of his series, ( he was a bit of a brute at MC, not gonna lie) he said "If you want to see someone who actually knows what they're doing in this game, look up X's Adventures in Minecraft.

Since then I was hooked.

Daalexantor

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I found out about MC before anyone at my school did (Hipster). Once, I was just looking on the top viewed, and the SOI episode feturing strongman bruno was their. I was tempted to watch it, but then I thought "hey, why not just watch the whole series."

And I found out about MCSG through bebopvox.

eshancowee

District 13
Reaction score
I was using a program called StumbleUpon a few years ago, when MC was in alpha, Stumbled onto a Page referring to MC, Tried it, Bought it, Played the living hell out of it

MCSG I found through the Minecraft forums or something while MCSG was in beta, Been playing for a good 6 or so months :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci