• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How do you feel about Africa (Avaricia)?

What do you think should be done about Avaricia?

• Revert it back to the original (including Tier 1 and Tier 2 chest locations)

Votes: 17 56.7%
  • Update it again to make it look prettier

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Update it again to make it look prettier and add more Tier 2's

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Keep it as is

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Agreed original avaricia was amazing. I do like the new exit from spawn tho.

Reactions: Hks

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The old tiers were very hastily done with too many tier 2's, hence it's change. However the first tiering of the map is always the most liked. Once MCSG re-tiers a well known map to change up the gameplay, it just angers most people because all routes are now butchered and no one wants to go find a new one, because all their previous hard work has been ruined. Maps then become underplayed and removed, sometimes they're even outstanding maps. My prime example for this is Rugged Lands, they re-tiered it and within a week no one even knew what that map was. I feel as if Avaricia has just been rested with the same fate because I haven't played it in weeks :c

Bamber

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I liked it back when after you left either exit from spawn, there was always a nice Tier 2 waiting for you at the exit. It was a cool thing because there was always a big hassle to get that one tier 2 and the end of each tunnel.

fuzypoo

Survivor
Reaction score
The old tiers were very hastily done with too many tier 2's, hence it's change. However the first tiering of the map is always the most liked. Once MCSG re-tiers a well known map to change up the gameplay, it just angers most people because all routes are now butchered and no one wants to go find a new one, because all their previous hard work has been ruined. Maps then become underplayed and removed, sometimes they're even outstanding maps. My prime example for this is Rugged Lands, they re-tiered it and within a week no one even knew what that map was. I feel as if Avaricia has just been rested with the same fate because I haven't played it in weeks :c
I disagree with you here. It doesn't take but a few matches to find a nice route provided there are a fair amount of Tier 2 chests. Even if someone couldn't find a route, they might just watch a Youtuber who does have a right (a lot of people do this). However, when the map is altered for the worse and there are hardly any Tier 2 chests, that's when people stop playing a map.

Rugged Lands most likely wasn't underplayed because of its re-tiering. It was most likely underplayed because it just wasn't that fun to play. I had a route, but I never voted for that map because I just didn't want to play it. The spawn is not great since there is not much of a chance to live if someone near you gets a stone sword. Also, it's just a pain that most exits from spawn require vine climbing for days. That's most likely not the reason why it was underplayed, though. There are more reasons why I do not like that map, and I'm sure many other people have reasons other than the re-tiering that made Rugged Lands underplayed. I could be wrong about this, but that is why I think about Rugged Lands.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I disagree with you here. It doesn't take but a few matches to find a nice route provided there are a fair amount of Tier 2 chests. Even if someone couldn't find a route, they might just watch a Youtuber who does have a right (a lot of people do this). However, when the map is altered for the worse and there are hardly any Tier 2 chests, that's when people stop playing a map.

Rugged Lands most likely wasn't underplayed because of its re-tiering. It was most likely underplayed because it just wasn't that fun to play. I had a route, but I never voted for that map because I just didn't want to play it. The spawn is not great since there is not much of a chance to live if someone near you gets a stone sword. Also, it's just a pain that most exits from spawn require vine climbing for days. That's most likely not the reason why it was underplayed, though. There are more reasons why I do not like that map, and I'm sure many other people have reasons other than the re-tiering that made Rugged Lands underplayed. I could be wrong about this, but that is why I think about Rugged Lands.
Idk that's just from what I saw. You could be/are probably right c:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci