• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How does Chad's presence benefit MCGamer? STAFF QUESTION

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
This question is for the MCGamer staff team.

I would like to know how Chad's presence is benefitting the network.

Stuff I want to know.

What does he do in terms of work behind the scenes?

How does his leadership help the staff team?

Does it seem like the admins and Chad have good communication/collaboration?

When you submit a proposal that requires Chad, are you confident that he gives it the consideration that it deserves?

Any other stuff you want to say please feel free to do so!

Note: If you are going to give a sugar coated answer because you feel that as a staff member you can't state your opinion, please just don't respond to this thread. I want honest feedback only.

drVAPES

Quantum
Reaction score
I feel as if Chad doesn't really do much, even behind the scenes.

_SoupSalad

Platinum
Reaction score
As a recently resigned mod I feel safe to say that the Chad situation is a major flaw in the workings of the network and staff team. In 4 years that I've been playing mcgamer and using the teamspeak I've only ever seen Chad on twice, and while being staff have never had any connection to him at all. The staff team is too split, when you're a mod you basically have no power and no connection to people that, if would give you the time of day, you could offer solutions and ideas to. If you suggest something the Senior team will likely say soemthing along the lines of "Thats a Chad thing" and from there they don't even give you confirmation that its something they'd bring up to Chad in the first place. Theres too big of a divide within the network, the only people able to contact Chad would be the Admins and we as a community don't even know the extent of that. Players and Staff should be able to help each other, and theres too big of a rift in the Mcgamer community for that two way street to work.

*Disclaimer* This is my honest opinion, in no way shape or form am I trying to bash Chad or any staff members. It's a genuine concern I have for the sever that should addressed in a respectful manner, which is what i'm trying to do.

Edit: Also Aresenal I think this is a great thread to bring up to the community and I think more light needs to be shed on the situation and adressed by staff that changes need to be made, so props to you for making this post

AMooseMan3

Platinum
Reaction score
As someone who used to have close connections with several ex Senior Staff and moderators, I can safely say that Chad's involvement with MCGamer was extremely low around 2014/15, and it is fairly safe to say that this has not improved. The only staff member that I talked to that said Chad was an active member in the community and did a lot to help out the network was a member of the Admin team, and I would assume Chad would have had much more frequent dealings with the admins.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kiuss

Survivor
Reaction score
As a recently resigned mod I feel safe to say that the Chad situation is a major flaw in the workings of the network and staff team. In 4 years that I've been playing mcgamer and using the teamspeak I've only ever seen Chad on twice, and while being staff have never had any connection to him at all. The staff team is too split, when you're a mod you basically have no power and no connection to people that, if would give you the time of day, you could offer solutions and ideas to. If you suggest something the Senior team will likely say soemthing along the lines of "Thats a Chad thing" and from there they don't even give you confirmation that its something they'd bring up to Chad in the first place. Theres too big of a divide within the network, the only people able to contact Chad would be the Admins and we as a community don't even know the extent of that. Players and Staff should be able to help each other, and theres too big of a rift in the Mcgamer community for that two way street to work.

*Disclaimer* This is my honest opinion, in no way shape or form am I trying to bash Chad or any staff members. It's a genuine concern I have for the sever that should addressed in a respectful manner, which is what i'm trying to do.

Edit: Also Aresenal I think this is a great thread to bring up to the community and I think more light needs to be shed on the situation and adressed by staff that changes need to be made, so props to you for making this post
I used to be quite close to an ex staff, and she said the same thing about this whole situation. I completely agree with you, and can see you have the same problem my friend did a year ago. She said Chad rarely appeared in meeting's, and the only time she really got to talk was in the Chad Community Q&A - which may I add we need more of. Anyway Aresnal thank you for bringing this to the community's attention. It's something that needs to be addressed and talked about within the staff team :p

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
As someone who used to have close connections with several ex Senior Staff and moderators, I can safely say that Chad's involvement with MCGamer was extremely low around 2014/15, and it is fairly safe to say that this has not improved.
In 2014, Chad was quite active within the staff team. Chad consistently attended senior staff meetings (even if he was in the car) and predominately attended most moderator meetings. During mid 2014 he consistently made it out to events, like that one Nick used to run (I forget the name even though I hosted it a few times) as well as Scott's Q&As. He would also seek community opinion through forum posts and constantly kept the community informed. He was active on senior staff Slack to memory and was quite approachable via Slack. All the staff even got christmas presents - good times.

In 2015, it was another story. Can't be bothered continuing this post, though Chad's activity was problematic in comparison to 2014.

Techaton

District 13
Reaction score
From my experiences as a Staff member and Sr. Staff member, Chad was very absent except when he was needed most.

Chad's role obviously is to pay for the server, pay those with paid positions, set's the direction of server like developmental things, Administrators have no control over anything developmental so he is necessary in that part. From what I understand, the Administrators can make some small changes to MCGamer's policies, however, if it is a major policy change then it needs approval from Chad. Majority of the things that community want really requires Chad's approval so if he's not present obviously nothing can get done but if he is there things can get done.

Mods/Sr. Mods members do not have any direct contact with him unless it is in Slack. Yannick and Logan are very active on every platform except in-game and are very easy to get in contact to as a Staff member, so I don't think the issues is on their side.

Like _SoupSalad said there's a rift, but the rift starts at the top and dwindles down to the very bottom. You have to stop the spill on the table before you can clean anything up.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The answer to this question is easy, Chad's presence benefits MCGamer beyond belief. The thing that drags down the network is Chad's absence which is what we have been experiencing for the last year or two now.

The problem is, Chad nowadays feels discouraged to be active because he is often harassed by people for not being around when he does come online. Now, yes he may have brought it upon himself but if the community wants to see Chad being more active it's important to be a bit more supportive of him.

That being said, it is still practically impossible to contact him either way unless you're an administrator. Technically it isn't his job to be the first person a staff member should contact, however he should still be just as responsive as the rest of his team in order to run a successful staff team and network. After all, it is him that ultimately makes the decisions for the direction of the server and if he is disconnected from the mainstream of his network he can't do those effectively.

All the staff even got christmas presents - good times.
Ah, I remember that! My first conversation with Chad was regarding that present because I didn't initially receive mine. Believe it or not he was quick to respond despite the fact that it was on the moderator slack and it was Christmas Eve.

Chad is clearly able to be responsive and interactive it's just a matter of getting to the root of why he hasn't been.

SIRLAD

Spectator
Reaction score
i remember chad's old live streams. They were the reason i bought a rank here.
its been 2 years and 8 months since I have gotten it he has only live streamed 3-4 times since then

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci