• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How I *personally* see the current state of MCGamer.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

My name is Fancy, or Zach. I am a Moderator here at MCGamer, and have been for 11 months. With my 1 year anniversary just around the corner I can definitely say in my time as a Moderator I have gone through a lot of drama within the MCGamer community, including the current issue of the 'Gamma' rule. With that being said, here I am presenting to you my personal opinion on everything.

Yes, I am aware of a broken relationship between the Community and Staff at this moment. Since then MCGamer has really been split into two, and this isn't something that I am totally cool with. To you, it may seem that the Staff really don't care about your opinions, but really, we do. The topics being addressed lately has started discussions within Staff team also. Personally, I do not like the way that MCGamer is at now, I want to encourage the server to come together, and work together but we cannot do this without acknowledging each other. I do see the frustration of the community. I do want change.

Addressing the recent issue with the Gamma rule. I can see how this frustrates you. But the way you are going about it and bashing on MCGamer as a whole for a rule is incorrect. If you really want to see change, I suggest we all come together, get a solid argument together and respectfully approach a member of 'Higher' rank with our proposal. Yes, the way you are doing it as of now may seem like it is the only way but it isn't. I guarantee that someone will still listen if we slightly change our approach to this topic. As a Moderator, I feel that I can speak for other Staff Members also, that we do want to see change, we can recognise that for the better of the community and future of MCGamer we need to change things, and fast.

In conclussion, I feel we can all agree that there is a division within the Community as of now, and that there are some things that need to be tweaked for the future of MCGamer. But at times like this we need to come together rather than being two different sides and rambling on about something without seeing action (Ramble ramble). So let's do this MCGamer. Let's see a change.

This is solely my opinion.

Omri

Career
Reaction score
I agree with you but some times the staff team don't understand or are sometimes being to lazy to do anything about it and sometimes arent even there to help or just dont respond to us

r i p

Quantum
Reaction score
Since you now perm ban players for hacking why not demote mods 1st time? This would stop abuse. Ive reported mods and never got a response.
I've met quite a few mods that are corrupt

Reactions:

Naar

Survivor
Reaction score
It may sound crazy but... what about a community meeting with people like bcfcAnt Ceroria etc talking to Chad and the devs with everyone listening?

MrExtrodinaryMr

Experienced
Reaction score
Gamma rule is really stupid and all, but what about permabanning people who delete evidence? That's just ridiculous.

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Zach! The way you have addressed this situation was absolutely spot on, and I couldn't have said it better. The opinion you have of the current circumstances the community is currently enduring is quite similar towards my view. And I also strongly believe that the approach towards addressing the issue with using Gamma was not the most appropriate means of getting the staff team's attention. We must keep in mind, that if there is an issue related to even one of the rules, that doesn't qualify anyone to break anymore rules. Because all I've seen in several recent threads was that drama was being caused, and was completely unnecessary.

Furthermore, with the issue of bcfcAnt's ban could have been resolved easily. Knowing that he had already posted a dispute for this situation, I did not see the reason towards producing a thread and a video expressing his frustration towards this ban. Because obviously, and inevitably, this caused a lot of drama, which was completely redundant to do in the first place. Because understanding how easily it is to get in contact with a staff member to address these issues privately makes me wonder why it was necessary to cause the redundant uproar.

If anyone has a complaint with anything, if anyone has an inquiry they need an answer to, if anyone needs any sort of support, there is a buffet of over one hundred moderators that can help. The same goes with Sr. Staff, there is a relatively large variety of them around willing to help contribute to the community as well! You have every single right to go to a staff member with any complaints/inquiries and have every single right to get a response. However, you must understand (for those who had issues with unresponsive staff members), that there are bound to be members of staff that aren't always going to be there. Inevitably, there may be a select few that would go ahead and focus on their game more than the asks for help from members of the community.

At the same time, some staff members simply are unable to help, perhaps due to several other stresses they may be dealing with. If this were the case, you can always go to another staff member, you should keep asking around until you find someone who can help. And keep in mind for those who assume that the staff team is "corrupt", from a personal perspective, I can guarantee you that is circumstantial. There are, without a doubt, several staff members who do step out of line and cause trouble. But it is a lot easier to remove them from the team than a lot of people anticipated.

Ultimately, everyone, @OhFancy is correct on the fact that we need to get together and have a more civilized discussion for these terms. Because that's what will bring us closer together, and we can find a resolve much more easily than conflicting with one another to see who is right. Perhaps if we can begin discussing the current issues several people have, or any inquiries you may want answered, we will get somewhere. Round of applause to you, Zach, for beginning to tie the ropes. :D

And for some people here at the moment, I can see that there are questions that could have answers to...

I agree with you but some times the staff team don't understand or are sometimes being to lazy to do anything about it and sometimes arent even there to help or just dont respond to us
It is painful to see unresponsive staff members not being there to help you, I have been under similar circumstances, where I had no help. But keep in mind, that there are still members of staff who are there to help you, remember that there are over 100 staff members to get in contact with, and we would be more than happy to help. Additionally, you have every right to contact a higher staff member if anyone isn't doing their job properly, because the staff team strives to be as efficient as possible to help the community. <3

Since you now perm ban players for hacking why not demote mods 1st time? This would stop abuse. Ive reported mods and never got a response.
It does depend, if you contacted the Sr. Staff for any abusive behavior amongst moderators, and didn't get a response; did you by any chance contact one, or multiple Sr. Staff? If you don't get a response that soon, then you have every privilege to go to another one and ask until you do get a response. Additionally, this is a matter of patience, perhaps wait at least a week for a response before you go to the next Sr. Mod. Furthermore, if you believe any member of the Sr. Staff team isn't doing their job properly, then you have the privilege to report this to an administrator, they're literally one conversation away to do so. Lastly, things like first offense demotes do happen, it just depends on the severity of what they have done. c:

It may sound crazy but... what about a community meeting with people like bcfcAnt Ceroria etc talking to Chad and the devs with everyone listening?
You, I like you. In all seriousness, this would be an absolutely beneficial asset to the community. Yet again, we still do have live Q&As that can help you out. But regardless, having some sort of community meeting with Chad and the developers, whenever they have time, would be useful!

Gamma rule is really stupid and all, but what about permabanning people who delete evidence? That's just ridiculous.
To begin, the reason for punishing people for deleting evidence is because we wouldn't have any evidence to use against someone who broke the rules. So if it came to the case where they disputed their punishment, we wouldn't have that evidence, so we would inevitably have to pardon them and let them go around the servers and perhaps terrorize it again. However, I do hopefully see some changes being made with lowering the punishment for deleting evidence. But I would hope that it is still kept at slightly strict standards, since we mustn't tolerate deleting evidence.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Zach! The way you have addressed this situation was absolutely spot on, and I couldn't have said it better. The opinion you have of the current circumstances the community is currently enduring is quite similar towards my view. And I also strongly believe that the approach towards addressing the issue with using Gamma was not the most appropriate means of getting the staff team's attention. We must keep in mind, that if there is an issue related to even one of the rules, that doesn't qualify anyone to break anymore rules. Because all I've seen in several recent threads was that drama was being caused, and was completely unnecessary.

Furthermore, with the issue of bcfcAnt's ban could have been resolved easily. Knowing that he had already posted a dispute for this situation, I did not see the reason towards producing a thread and a video expressing his frustration towards this ban. Because obviously, and inevitably, this caused a lot of drama, which was completely redundant to do in the first place. Because understanding how easily it is to get in contact with a staff member to address these issues privately makes me wonder why it was necessary to cause the redundant uproar.

If anyone has a complaint with anything, if anyone has an inquiry they need an answer to, if anyone needs any sort of support, there is a buffet of over one hundred moderators that can help. The same goes with Sr. Staff, there is a relatively large variety of them around willing to help contribute to the community as well! You have every single right to go to a staff member with any complaints/inquiries and have every single right to get a response. However, you must understand (for those who had issues with unresponsive staff members), that there are bound to be members of staff that aren't always going to be there. Inevitably, there may be a select few that would go ahead and focus on their game more than the asks for help from members of the community.

At the same time, some staff members simply are unable to help, perhaps due to several other stresses they may be dealing with. If this were the case, you can always go to another staff member, you should keep asking around until you find someone who can help. And keep in mind for those who assume that the staff team is "corrupt", from a personal perspective, I can guarantee you that is circumstantial. There are, without a doubt, several staff members who do step out of line and cause trouble. But it is a lot easier to remove them from the team than a lot of people anticipated.

Ultimately, everyone, @OhFancy is correct on the fact that we need to get together and have a more civilized discussion for these terms. Because that's what will bring us closer together, and we can find a resolve much more easily than conflicting with one another to see who is right. Perhaps if we can begin discussing the current issues several people have, or any inquiries you may want answered, we will get somewhere. Round of applause to you, Zach, for beginning to tie the ropes. :D

And for some people here at the moment, I can see that there are questions that could have answers to...

It is painful to see unresponsive staff members not being there to help you, I have been under similar circumstances, where I had no help. But keep in mind, that there are still members of staff who are there to help you, remember that there are over 100 staff members to get in contact with, and we would be more than happy to help. Additionally, you have every right to contact a higher staff member if anyone isn't doing their job properly, because the staff team strives to be as efficient as possible to help the community. <3

It does depend, if you contacted the Sr. Staff for any abusive behavior amongst moderators, and didn't get a response; did you by any chance contact one, or multiple Sr. Staff? If you don't get a response that soon, then you have every privilege to go to another one and ask until you do get a response. Additionally, this is a matter of patience, perhaps wait at least a week for a response before you go to the next Sr. Mod. Furthermore, if you believe any member of the Sr. Staff team isn't doing their job properly, then you have the privilege to report this to an administrator, they're literally one conversation away to do so. Lastly, things like first offense demotes do happen, it just depends on the severity of what they have done. c:

You, I like you. In all seriousness, this would be an absolutely beneficial asset to the community. Yet again, we still do have live Q&As that can help you out. But regardless, having some sort of community meeting with Chad and the developers, whenever they have time, would be useful!

To begin, the reason for punishing people for deleting evidence is because we wouldn't have any evidence to use against someone who broke the rules. So if it came to the case where they disputed their punishment, we wouldn't have that evidence, so we would inevitably have to pardon them and let them go around the servers and perhaps terrorize it again. However, I do hopefully see some changes being made with lowering the punishment for deleting evidence. But I would hope that it is still kept at slightly strict standards, since we mustn't tolerate deleting evidence.
Its been over 2 if not 3

Miner9823

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
`
Its been over 2 if not 3
I'm sure there are more than three Sr. Moderators, if they don't respond within a certain period of time, then you can always still ask another Sr. Moderator. They are supposed to be there to help you out. Otherwise, if you believe they're not doing their job properly, then you have every right to go ahead and report this to an administrator. c:

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Communication. It can't be stressed enough, and thank you for elaborating more, Zach c:

Without communication we will get nowhere but if everybody sits down and is willingly able to maturely present and listen to ideas, we'll all be having a better time.

bcfcAnt

Platinum
Reaction score
Sounds great to me, I'd point out things people want but at the same time I kind of feel they'll just try to shut me down because I've attended a Q&A in the past and they can be stubborn. I don't mean to be offensive by this but I'm just stating how I feel about how well they listen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci