• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How I *personally* see the current state of MCGamer.

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
To me I feel that there are two big issues that the AU community faces.
1. Gap in groups in the community (i.e. Staff, different clans, etc.) There is little to no effort to integrate groups so people in the community isolate themselves to a certain ts or clan or whatnot. This only really becomes a problem when people in groups start gossip and flame.
2. Everyone only cares about themselves. We're all guilty of forgetting how our words affect others and this is especially apparent in causing the gap between staff and the general community. One flippant remark can cause a negative generalisation of an entire group of people when just a single person was at fault.

People complain about 'moderators' or 'the community' but can't seem to pinpoint a certain person/group that is causing the problem. The circle of blame is never-ending.

King

Experienced
Reaction score
We have Live Q&As and a Community Focus Group. Those are events that happen bi-weekly on the MCGamer TeamSpeak, but I would love to see a developer in one of those sessions to answer questions as to what is being worked on (If they are able to tell us) This would probably ease some of the players as they know what the developers are doing rather than worrying they're slacking off.

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I am so sick of seeing all these people whine and complain about how "the staff team never listens"

Well.

Let me tell you guys something.

1. SHUT UP!!

2. The staff team DOES listen. What do you think they do in those moderator channels all day? Lick each other? My Little Pony fan videos? NO! Sure, they aren't serious all of the time, but more often than not, there is discussion. Discussion about what is happening on the forums, discussion about the community in general, discussion about how to improve community relations, discussion on every Tom, Inappropriate body part on a male, and Harry in the network. It's crazy. I would know: I was a member of the staff team for a long, long time. That's why I get so pissed off when people complain about how the staff never listens to the players. Seriously man..

SolarEclipse

Diamond
Reaction score
Greetings everyone,

My name is Fancy, or Zach. I am a Moderator here at MCGamer, and have been for 11 months. With my 1 year anniversary just around the corner I can definitely say in my time as a Moderator I have gone through a lot of drama within the MCGamer community, including the current issue of the 'Gamma' rule. With that being said, here I am presenting to you my personal opinion on everything.

Yes, I am aware of a broken relationship between the Community and Staff at this moment. Since then MCGamer has really been split into two, and this isn't something that I am totally cool with. To you, it may seem that the Staff really don't care about your opinions, but really, we do. The topics being addressed lately has started discussions within Staff team also. Personally, I do not like the way that MCGamer is at now, I want to encourage the server to come together, and work together but we cannot do this without acknowledging each other. I do see the frustration of the community. I do want change.

Addressing the recent issue with the Gamma rule. I can see how this frustrates you. But the way you are going about it and bashing on MCGamer as a whole for a rule is incorrect. If you really want to see change, I suggest we all come together, get a solid argument together and respectfully approach a member of 'Higher' rank with our proposal. Yes, the way you are doing it as of now may seem like it is the only way but it isn't. I guarantee that someone will still listen if we slightly change our approach to this topic. As a Moderator, I feel that I can speak for other Staff Members also, that we do want to see change, we can recognise that for the better of the community and future of MCGamer we need to change things, and fast.

In conclussion, I feel we can all agree that there is a division within the Community as of now, and that there are some things that need to be tweaked for the future of MCGamer. But at times like this we need to come together rather than being two different sides and rambling on about something without seeing action (Ramble ramble). So let's do this MCGamer. Let's see a change.

This is solely my opinion.
But no staff listens.. There have been countless arguments and all the staff says: "it provides an unfair advantage" and locks the thread..

LuckSoh

Spectator
Reaction score
I do agree with this a lot some mods don't care as much as other mods but there just doing what they signed up for and players on the teamspeak don't understand that.Its not only the staff though the players in my opinion have a lot to do with the drift apart due to all the trollers and people that just ruin the experience on teamspeak by breaking rules.The staff and community will never fully be conjoined or meet half way on that scale but I do think its possible for the scale to become more even than it is now.All it takes is effort from both sides to try and meet half way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci