• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How most games for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormphraxl

Survivor
Reaction score
2 Scenarios for me

Scenario 1 (with team on skype)
all run to center to try and get good stuff
if we succeed kill anyone around us and take what they had then 1 camp and wait for night while rest go out hunting
if we dont suceed run away and try and team someone for good stuff they have then go back to corn and see above.
get diamond sword and kill team while laughing maniacally down the mic at them (amazingly there still my team after a month now)

Scenario 2 (on my own)
run to center
get punched off chest by guy with forcefield on and die :/
remember i always have fraps open and record him doing it :)
get him banned XD
Get Him Banned XD lol

layserman2

Spectator
Reaction score
Go to corn
get items
lag and realise i dont have them.
get to pin house
no one around
go down
locked in
get unlocked by noob
kill them
their team kills me

Scenario 2
get full iron armor and stone/iron/diamond and a swrod
hunt
get lagged
die from noob with wooden axe
cry

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Several things.

Scenario 1: Start. Run to Corn. Get smacked about like a pinball. Get nothing from the chests due to knock-backs. Attempt to run away and either fail due to yet more knock-backs or scrape by and get the worst start imaginable.

Scenario 2: Start. Run to Corn. Open Chests. Items show in inventory. Run away. Open more chests elsewhere on the map. Realise that the items are no longer in my inventory and server-side lag has screwed me over.

Scenario 3: Start. Run to Corn. Open Chests. Run away. Get decent gear. Attack a player with worse gear. End up losing because they are lagging and teleporting all over the place and manage to hit me from a distance i cannot hit them. Get killed and curse at how stupid it is.

Scenario 4: Start. Run to Corn. Do well. Run around the map getting other chests. Do well. Kill the odd straggler or go on a rampage. Do well. Head to the Corn and scout a player in almost/completely full Iron armour with an Iron/Diamond Sword. Get killed and curse how i never get that much luck. Ever. Not once.

Scenario 5: The same as scenario 4 only replace the decked guy at the Corn with a team of players in equally decent gear. Curse some more at how broken and easy it is to win as a team.

I've won 5 times solo and i find that quite an accomplishment considering i was going against teams for 2 or 3 of those, but it irks me how you can do well and still lose for the most 'kick in the teeth' reasons. I honestly don't know how some people can consistently get a full set of Iron armour and a Iron or Diamond Sword before the first night has crept across the sky.
Haha, this was really entertaining. The warp laggers are the ones who always end up getting me in the beginning when I get a decent start. They always seem so daring also with their wooden swords against my stone sword.

thezeronumber

Tribute
Reaction score
It has just occurred to me that maybe it's not the lag but a modded client which allows for extended reach. Obviously if they are teleporting all over the place there is some connection issue but there have been times when i was unable to hit them yet they could hit me and nothing else about them was screaming "laggy player". Something i should keep an eye for in the future!

Thankfully scenario 5 isn't being such an issue now. Be it luck or good timing on my part, which i am not sure, i have successfully defended and killed various teams which stood in my way. In the last game i killed off a team as they tried to ambush me and a few minutes later i killed off another (decently-supplied) team as they were looking through the chests at the Corn. Admittedly they were teams of 2 people but it's still a personal achievement for me seeing as i loathe the things so much.

TastedLikeCake

Spectator
Reaction score
1. Game Starts
2. Run to Corn
3. Too late! All the items are gone
4. Quickly run away
5. Lose partner (If no partner, skip to the next number)
6. Carefully climb building
7. Find that all chests are already looted
8. Break leaves for apple
9. Run into person
10. Beg to spare me
11. Get killed

heningen

Survivor
Reaction score
1. Steal a chest
2. Try to avoid others by just running away
3. Go my normal chest round.
4. take over corn or die trying
5. Win the game.

branone

Career
Reaction score
Several things.

Scenario 1: Start. Run to Corn. Get smacked about like a pinball. Get nothing from the chests due to knock-backs. Attempt to run away and either fail due to yet more knock-backs or scrape by and get the worst start imaginable.

Scenario 2: Start. Run to Corn. Open Chests. Items show in inventory. Run away. Open more chests elsewhere on the map. Realise that the items are no longer in my inventory and server-side lag has screwed me over.

Scenario 3: Start. Run to Corn. Open Chests. Run away. Get decent gear. Attack a player with worse gear. End up losing because they are lagging and teleporting all over the place and manage to hit me from a distance i cannot hit them. Get killed and curse at how stupid it is.

Scenario 4: Start. Run to Corn. Do well. Run around the map getting other chests. Do well. Kill the odd straggler or go on a rampage. Do well. Head to the Corn and scout a player in almost/completely full Iron armour with an Iron/Diamond Sword. Get killed and curse how i never get that much luck. Ever. Not once.

Scenario 5: The same as scenario 4 only replace the decked guy at the Corn with a team of players in equally decent gear. Curse some more at how broken and easy it is to win as a team.

I've won 5 times solo and i find that quite an accomplishment considering i was going against teams for 2 or 3 of those, but it irks me how you can do well and still lose for the most 'kick in the teeth' reasons. I honestly don't know how some people can consistently get a full set of Iron armour and a Iron or Diamond Sword before the first night has crept across the sky.
Couldn't of said it better myself other than adding in that damn Sprinting Problem due to Lag...

branone

Career
Reaction score
This where you're doing it wrong. :p There's absolutely no reason to fistfight him. People will punch each other all the time in the beginning, but it is mostly just to push each other off the chests. If some guy starts punching you, just ignore him (try to take as few punches as possible, of course). Run off to your route. You'll regenerate your health quickly anyways. :)

On-topic. The ideal game:

Game starts
I run to the middle.
Get 1-2 sometimes 3 chests worth of stuff.
If i got armour or weapons, equip it.
Run off to my route, get more materials, weapons or armour.
Run back to the corn at mid-day, look for players.
Most of the time run in and fight.
Go back hunting for the rest of the day.
Come back before the chests refill.
Get loot.
Win.
If only thing's were that easy..
Ill break things down nice and short for my routine
1. Lag and Die....
2. Curse my face off until calm
3. spectate in boredom for the next 20 - 30 minutes watching teams wonder around in oblivion
4. Repeat Process!

Krasso

Survivor
Reaction score
If only thing's were that easy..
Ill break things down nice and short for my routine
1. Lag and Die....
2. Curse my face off until calm
3. spectate in boredom for the next 20 - 30 minutes watching teams wonder around in oblivion
4. Repeat Process!
Yeah maybe i forgot point 0. Have decent internet connection. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci