• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to break it to your parents that you have online friends.

NotCanziano

Diamond
Reaction score
Mum: "Who are you talking to?"
Me: "Celine."
Mum: "Where is she from?"
Me: "The Netherlands."
Mun: "Oh, cool."

I guess she was just happy that I have friends.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
Mum: "Who are you talking to?"
Me: "Celine."
Mum: "Where is she from?"
Me: "The Netherlands."
Mun: "Oh, cool."

I guess she was just happy that I have friends.
My mom:
Who are you talking to?
Where are they from?
What's their age?
What do they look like?
Are they good at school?
Are they dating anyone?
What's their address?
What's their social security number?

etc

Imanol

Diamond
Reaction score
Me: Can I go to Anime Expo to meet some friends from Minecraft
Dad: Are you paying?
Me: Yes...
Dad: Alright :D

prestomesto

Experienced
Reaction score
My parents made me quit because of this. Hopefully I can show this to my parents.

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
My parents kinda understand...they just don't see how strong of a friendship I can make over the internet. Im told to try and hang out with other people I don't really like...I have a few friends IRL friends but I feel like my parents don't think I have very many friends :/

GoldenChampion

Experienced
Reaction score
My parents think I am insane for even liking this stuff and I think that is because they cannot relate. Our parents grew up without what we have now and they had to depend on dealing with real life people, which we consider to be much harder in a world full of hate and pain. The internet is now our source for friendships to be made and questions to be answered, even though I feel like real life friends are more reliable. I love that you made this thread as our online life compared to our offline life is a topic I love to get involved in. Just kinda accept the fact that even though they have not the slightest clue how much the internet can mean to us (especially when you are in this great community) we just have to live with it ;p

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I can totally agree with this thread. Why are friends bad? We don't even know what reality is, what harm could it bring.

Just be smart, and then you will find the real friends, the jewels of the internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci