• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Create a Guide

Did this kind of help you?

• It really helped me.

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • It kind of did.

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • No, you suck.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • You're a bunch of poopoopieandmess.

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
L

Lululioness

Hello MCSG, the internet and everything beyond! (lol I should be a YouTuber)

I am writing this guide because this topic hasn't been brought up and needs to be addressed, and I feel like I haven't really made much of a contribution to this wonderful community in quite a while. Today, I will be teaching you how to create a guide.

Firstly, you need to make sure-

You are not writing the guide JUST to improve your chances at getting moderator.
The topic of your guide is not already a thread/in the FAQs.
It is actually helpful, not useless.
You have a good understanding of the topic.

After this you are ready to prepare to write your guide!

1. Do a little research on your guide's topic on the interwebz. You don't want to create a guide with incorrect information.

2.Create your thread in the right section. Most guides will go into the 'Community Guides' section but if it's a guide to creating an art thread, it's probably best to put it in the art section.

3. Create your title, make it simple and easy for players to find. For example, 'How to Create a Guide' is probably better than 'Lulu's whimsical, wonderful and magical guide to creating a guide' because a guide is designed to help out people that need to find it, not impress people with your ability to use big words.

4. Explain why you are making this guide, who you are (your name will do, don't go talking about how much you hate baccas or that you love cheese) and what you are going to teach them.

5. Make sure you know what you're going to write and have your steps/help in order (so for example, don't say buy donor, then get a premium minecraft account).

Now to write your sexy lil' guide for all your fellow MCSGers!

. Just simply write your guide.

• Make sure you know whether you'll do the help in steps or in separate paragraphs.
  • Make it easy to read, use exceptional good grammar and make it neat (not in one big clump, space it out a little bit :p). I suggest using colours to separate the different chunks of the guide. For example, I've put my intro in one colour, the preparation section in another and this part you're reading in another.
  • Don't change up the colours too much, and don't use colours unreadable on white or dark grey (catering for all the forum themes).
  • Then, you need to conclude the guide by saying something like this (it's actually my actual conclusion for this guide.... conclusion-ception :cool:)
I hope this helped you out a little bit (because if it didn't, I'd be going against my own guidelines.... xD). Any other things you think should be added to this guide can be left in the replies below and I'll add them if others or myself think they should be here.

Over and out!

Luluswagoness.

guideception

Last edited by a moderator:

LizzyBethyMC

Platinum
Reaction score

1. Do a little research on your guide's topic on the interwebz. You don't want to create a guide with incorrect information.

3.Create your thread in the write section. Most guides will go into the 'Community Guides' section but if it's a guide to creating an art thread, it's probably best to put it in the art section.
That's a beautiful guide on how to create a guide!
I just have one question... what happened to Number 2 of this guide...? :O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci