• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to create an original username

Do you like your IGN?

• Of course!

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • No... I'm thinking about changing it.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Meh, I could care less.

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
This is actually a pretty good guide :)
Here is a original name I made:
NoHaxJustHuqhwi_x_ytHD

Swifftyy

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Hello McGamer,​

I have noticed many people are having trouble coming up with unique usernames and I feel like MCSG is starting to lose its originality it was once known for. Before you say "lol the hypocrisy is real", I understand I used to have an unoriginal name (Revenqe) and I have struggled in coming up with a unique IGN in the past myself. I have created a list of DOs and DON'Ts to help the community grow a sense of originality, specifically their username.

DON'Ts
Do not follow trends. This includes:
  • "NoHaxJust..." names
  • "DoYouEven..." names
  • Adding "MC" "HD" "YT"
  • Using unnecessary q's and x's to replace certain letters
  • Using an unnecessary amount of underscores
  • Adding YouTubers in your name (Such as HuahwiSkillz, SolrFlareHD, or BajanCanadian123)
  • OG names, such as "Strafe" or "Fun", can be considered cool, but is a very general username in the end "original"? This can be debatable.
DOs
Set yourself apart from others.
Think about what makes you different from others. It can be a pastime, something you like, or maybe even something you know. These things can be implemented in your username, and if executed correctly you can create a sweet name that people can remember you as, because in the end your username gives yourself a huge first impression.

Think of it yourself.
Don't grab ideas off other people or ask for usernames, come up with it yourself! ;)

ok Revenqe

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
That moment when people have the names of TheLastGaqqle and TheLqstGapple......

5Life

crafter extraordinaire
Reaction score
I've had a couple of good usernames, shame I keep changing them as I only have 4 accounts

Reaction score
Not an original name if someone's teaching them how to make one, just saying. Nevertheless, cool I might see a little less of the "xx_qqHDMqCSwaqGGxx_"- stuff like that.
I have a text file full of names I come up during the day. And I agree with you, following a guide to make an original name does not make it original or special

Crinkle

Platinum
Reaction score
Will a moderator please lock this thread? Some people ^^ can't accept that some just want to help out the community. :c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci