• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to Dramatically Change the Outcome of a Chase

MNGLOGANp

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi there, my name is Logan and I happen to be rank 5. My rank is an implication that I win a lot and also play a lot. I have played a lot of games in my time and sometimes get stuck in sticky situations. Whether it be getting chased by a team or just someone who got the upper hand on me in a fight.

I'm on the run a lot, but still manage to win the game? How you ask? It's simple. I've designed a plan that I do whilst I'm being chased and 9/10 times I end up being the one chasing.

Alright, lets get down to it shall we? So first you have your traditional turn around maneuvers while being chased, such as the 180 bow shot and the 180 flint and steel place meant. The problem with both of these methods is sure, it will work on inexperienced players, but if you attempt it on someone more skilled you'll end up still running away, but with less hearts.

My method is that while I'm being chased, I double f5 constantly to keep an eye on my chaser and continue to let him chase me, even if I'm not very low. (5 hearts +) Then I wait for the right moment after he's being chasing me for a while and is doing the same thing, I strike. I quickly and swiftly turn around and strafe to the side of my opponent. He is caught completely off guard because he thinks you're low if you've been running for that long right? So back to where you strike him. Once you've turned around you will have to do a 180 U turn and automatically get a critical hit on him You will get this critical because he will be sprint jumping and most likely be coming down from a jump as you strike him. Then your hit throws him a couple blocks away and making his literal heart skip a beat. Once you've done that you must continue to scrape his ankles until you're the one chasing and eventually killing him.

I've done this so many times I can't count and for some reason whenever I do it, they can't hit me on that first hit. This has only happened to me a couple times, but I still noticed not being able to get a hit that first second. Anyways, I hope this thread has helped the people who always run away and eventually die being chased.

P.S: Don't use it on me or I'll throw my keyboard

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
This is a really useful trick that I've been seeing a lot more often in the final stages of the game, where people are starting to get really geared up. I can't tell how many times I've died to this trick, and also killed other people using this trick, but it is crazily effective if you can pull it off right.

shampoosh

Diamond
Reaction score
What's funny is I do the exact same thing! Glad to see you sharing some helpful tips to the community. ^-^

Reaction score
If you do a 180 and he's sprint jumping wouldn't you need to jump to get a crit and if he's coming down won't he just get a crit on you?

MNGLOGANp

Diamond
Reaction score
If you do a 180 and he's sprint jumping wouldn't you need to jump to get a crit and if he's coming down won't he just get a crit on you?
Well you'd be turning around while running, so you'd still be sprinting and jumping, causing the crit. Even if you don't get a crit though, you still get an extra hit that could lead to a bigger combo.

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
I actually use this as my tac tic aswell! Too bad it doesn't go to plan...

Wyz

Diamond
Reaction score
Really useful hints! What I use to do really often, is that I 180 bow the chaser, then immediately start sprinting towards the chaser, then past him. He will get knockback from the bow, + won't be expecting my turn, + gets damage. Works for me every time. :-3

MCGamerzism

Platinum
Reaction score
Really useful hints! What I use to do really often, is that I 180 bow the chaser, then immediately start sprinting towards the chaser, then past him. He will get knockback from the bow, + won't be expecting my turn, + gets damage. Works for me every time. :-3
I'll remember that for next time! :p

Reactions: Wyz

sfgiantsfan1

Tribute
Reaction score
Great tactic but you should change the thread so it says he/she or him/her instead of just he and him because a large portion of this community is girls

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci