• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to fix an MCSG

MovieBJames

Survivor
Reaction score
Step 1. Ask The Your community about what we (we as in the staff) can do to fix the server
Step 2. Prioritize All efforts towards things that will actually help the server (Better NCP, Game modes people will actually play, Getting Ride of halfass staff members.)
Step 3. BRING BACK AU AND CA, SERIOUSLY WHO THE HELL'S IDEA WAS IT TO REMOVE 2/4 OF THE MAIN PLAYERBASES. Some of the players from CA and AU are cooldogs and play on US with terrible ping, but
not every is an "flexible" as those people are.
4. Change up the rules. One of the Main things people have started to hate about MCSG is its dumbass rules (all of which are chatbased.) IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE TO BAN A LEGITIMENT PLAYER FOR SAYING SOMETHING DUMB IN CHAT. Now if that person is leaking private information (Like AFistOfSteel's ban that happen over a year ago.) Then that's understandable. But perm banning someone for saying something like "kys". This at first seems awful and should never be said. But when you take a second to think about it, in all competitive gaming community's THIS IS COMMMON. Toxcitiy shouldn't be looked at as a good thing, but it damn sure should be bannable. Some people cant just change there nature because someone mod ask them to "Be Polite" or "Please be appropriate in chat". In 2016 nothing is appropriate anymore.
5. Pay MovieBuster 2000 dollars for a new gaming rig.

I Don't understand how MCSG has been on decline for so long but haven't done anything truly helpful for itself.
The End

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Step 1. Ask The Your community about what we (we as in the staff) can do to fix the server
Sure, it never hurts to get the communities feedback. In fact I have written threads in the past about this topic.

Step 2. Prioritize All efforts towards things that will actually help the server (Better NCP, Game modes people will actually play, Getting Ride of halfass staff members.)
Didn't MCGamer just add two gamemodes? Didn't MCGamer just update the anti-cheat? Whether the results met expectations is up for debate, but it looks like the effort is being prioritized right where you want it. I don't get what you are complaining about.

Step 3. BRING BACK AU AND CA, SERIOUSLY WHO THE HELL'S IDEA WAS IT TO REMOVE 2/4 OF THE MAIN PLAYERBASES. Some of the players from CA and AU are cooldogs and play on US with terrible ping, but
not every is an "flexible" as those people are.
Great idea if life was free. You need to realize that each region costs a lot of money. CA was not really CA, it was more of NA East, and the current US is NA West. CA was removed because there were not enough players, and the ping of east coast players on US, while not as good as CA, was still playable on US. I have always wondered if MCGamer had branded it NA East or US East if more players would have played on it, but the truth is that the network is now a lot smaller than it was then. If you split NA into two regions it would be difficult to get into a game during non-peak hours. Imagine the current US with half the amount of players online.

Additionally, I also don't know of many east coast players who refuse to play because of ping. I suppose there could be some, but I haven't really heard much complaining about this. If this was a real issue then MCGamer could move the current US server to Texas so that it is more centralized, but that like anything costs money.

As for AU? Well, it was probably removed because it was declining in size, and it also cost money. If it isn't paying for itself then it isn't sustainable, and that was likely the case.

At the end of the day your argument that it removed "2/4 of the player base" is simply false. 3/4 of the player base played on US and EU (if not more I am only guessing). CA and AU were much smaller regions in terms of player count.

4. Change up the rules. One of the Main things people have started to hate about MCSG is its dumbass rules (all of which are chatbased.) IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE TO BAN A LEGITIMENT PLAYER FOR SAYING SOMETHING DUMB IN CHAT. Now if that person is leaking private information (Like AFistOfSteel's ban that happen over a year ago.) Then that's understandable. But perm banning someone for saying something like "kys". This at first seems awful and should never be said. But when you take a second to think about it, in all competitive gaming community's THIS IS COMMMON. Toxcitiy shouldn't be looked at as a good thing, but it damn sure should be bannable. Some people cant just change there nature because someone mod ask them to "Be Polite" or "Please be appropriate in chat". In 2016 nothing is appropriate anymore.
The End
Only immature people complain about the chat rules. Mature people don't need to say "kys" to others. Mature people also realize that stuff like "kys" is not really funny. While you mean it as a joke, it is not a funny topic to joke about. Letting that kind of toxicity go will only make the chat filled with hate. This is a horrible idea.

I Don't understand how MCSG has been on decline for so long but haven't done anything truly helpful for itself.
The End
Where have you been? Summer Update?

Last edited:

MovieBJames

Survivor
Reaction score
Sure, it never hurts to get the communities feedback. In fact I have written threads in the past about this topic.

Didn't MCGamer just add two gamemodes? Didn't MCGamer just update the anti-cheat? Whether the results met expectations is up for debate, but it looks like the effort is being prioritized right where you want it. I don't get what you are complaining about.

MCSG Copied two game modes, but because a lot of servers inherit gamemodes from other servers, imma let it slide. And as for the NCP. Meh its betters but not good enough.

This next part was about CA And AU. CA had a lot of people from Canada, not just east coast US Players. As for AU, meh it was small and had a lot of clan wars. Seemed legit to me.
Toxicity was what this part was about. What i was going for in this part was that people shouldnt be banned for saying dumb things in chat. If you use the internet, or any social outlet on the internet your accepting the fact that thier will be dumbos who say dumb things. And mods shouldnt only be in the Hub's AFK telling people every 5 minutes to "Please be nice in chat" or "Stop chat flood". This does nothing that will be productive for MCSG. Needs to be actively playing MCSG, not just being loose "autocorrects". Im not saying all mods dont actually play the game. Im saying most mods do

Overall, I know from most people perspectives this thread may seem a little dumb. But take it from a pessimistc perspective. MCSG is doing way better than it was a while ago, but it could still be doing way better. Thank you for giving a big response. The End

Forums

Survivor
Reaction score
MCSG Copied two game modes, but because a lot of servers inherit gamemodes from other servers, imma let it slide. And as for the NCP. Meh its betters but not good enough.
Yes, MCGamer did copy two gamemodes, but don't all servers copy each other? The entire Mineplex server is just a bad rip off of Hypixel. As for the NCP, it isn't as simple as just deciding to make it better. Coding a good anti cheat requires lots of trial and error, especially if the network only has two developers.
This next part was about CA And AU. CA had a lot of people from Canada, not just east coast US Players. As for AU, meh it was small and had a lot of clan wars. Seemed legit to me.
As a Canadian who regularly played on the CA servers I can assure you that it was tiny. There was only ever one or two games going on at a time, and the games hardly ever filled up. I can also assure you that I barely noticed a difference in ping when I switched to playing on the US servers. As for AU, it all comes down to money. Minecraft servers don't make a lot, so if you have a smaller network that isn't able to pay for itself, it needs to be shut down. It's not a matter of whether it was "legit" or not, there just isn't enough money to keep a relatively small region up.
Toxicity was what this part was about. What i was going for in this part was that people shouldn't be banned for saying dumb things in chat. If you use the internet, or any social outlet on the internet your accepting the fact that their will be dumbos who say dumb things. And mods shouldn't only be in the Hub's AFK telling people every 5 minutes to "Please be nice in chat" or "Stop chat flood". This does nothing that will be productive for MCSG. Needs to be actively playing MCSG, not just being loose "autocorrects". Im not saying all mods don't actually play the game. Im saying most mods do
I cannot express how strongly I disagree with you here. One of my favourite things about MCGamer is how clean and nice the chat is, and I think it is very important to keep it that way. I hate logging into a server where the chat is full of 14 year olds yelling death threats and racial slurs. Regardless of how competitive the game is, it should remain a safe place for everyone, including younger people, to enjoy.
Overall, I know from most people perspectives this thread may seem a little dumb. But take it from a pessimistic perspective. MCSG is doing way better than it was a while ago, but it could still be doing way better. Thank you for giving a big response. The End
Oh, you were being pessimistic? That's exactly what we need!

Hect0rg

Platinum
Reaction score

Great idea if life was free. You need to realize that each region costs a lot of money. CA was not really CA, it was more of NA East, and the current US is NA West. CA was removed because there were not enough players, and US server's ping while not as good was still playable for that region. I have always wondered if MCGamer had branded it NA East or US East if more players would have played on it, but the truth is that the network is now a lot smaller than it was then. If you split NA into two regions it would be difficult to get into a game during non-peak hours. Imagine the current US with half the amount of players online.

Additionally, I also don't know of many east coast players who refuse to play because of ping. I suppose there could be some, but I haven't really heard much complaining about this. If this was a real issue then MCGamer could move the current US server to Texas so that it is more centralized, but that like anything costs money.

As for AU? Well, it was probably removed because it was declining in size, and it also cost money. If it isn't paying for itself then it isn't sustainable, and that was likely the case.

At the end of the day your argument that it removed "2/4 of the player base" is simply false. 3/4 of the player base played on US and EU (if not more I am only guessing). CA and AU were much smaller regions in terms of player count.

Only immature people complain about the chat rules. Mature people don't need to say "kys" to others. Mature people also realize that stuff like "kys" is not really funny. While you mean it as a joke, it is not a funny topic to joke about. Letting that kind of toxicity go will only make the chat filled with hate. This is a horrible idea.

Damn coming in with the fire

G.O.A.T.

Experienced
Reaction score
Who gets offended if someone tells them to kill themselves over a block game?

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Ok, so "who gets offended when someone swears at someone, when someone is racist, when someone is bullying? Who cares its just a block game!"

That kind of attitude is both dangerous and unacceptable. You don't know how other people will take it. Most people probably won't be offended over "kys" for example, but you never know who the recipient is on the other side of the computer screen. If they had a close friend that had committed suicide it may have a lot more meaning than "just a block game." Just because something doesn't seem offensive to you doesn't mean it isn't for someone else.

And can I also ask you a question. Who needs to tell someone to "kys" over a block game?

Edit: I could go on and on and on. Mooclan wrote a great thread that is closely related to this topic (You know a thread is good when it was from 2014 and I still remember it). Check this out. Hopefully it will open your eyes a bit. http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/behind-the-screen.149252/

Last edited:

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
Idk where you come from, but in Australia that is called cyber bullying and is a serious crime to commit. Many people have actually taken their own lives from cyberbullying so please don't try and play down the meaning of "kys" just because you say it jokingly to your mates.

G.O.A.T.

Experienced
Reaction score
Idk where you come from, but in Australia that is called cyber bullying and is a serious crime to commit. Many people have actually taken their own lives from cyberbullying so please don't try and play down the meaning of "kys" just because you say it jokingly to your mates.
I don't, I don't say it to anyone, people say it to me over Minecraft in general, and I can't take a pixelated man seriously, so...

drVAPES

Quantum
Reaction score

Great idea if life was free. You need to realize that each region costs a lot of money. CA was not really CA, it was more of NA East, and the current US is NA West. CA was removed because there were not enough players, and the ping of east coast players on US, while not as good as CA, was still playable on US. I have always wondered if MCGamer had branded it NA East or US East if more players would have played on it, but the truth is that the network is now a lot smaller than it was then. If you split NA into two regions it would be difficult to get into a game during non-peak hours. Imagine the current US with half the amount of players online.

Definitely agree. +1

Dusan

Platinum
Reaction score
You want to fix mcsg #MoreMods #Activeonts #BanHackers

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
I don't, I don't say it to anyone, people say it to me over Minecraft in general, and I can't take a pixelated man seriously, so...
Just because you don't find something offensive doesn't mean others don't take it offensive. People have different backgrounds, and what you say can effect someone differently than how you imagine it will effect yourself. Your attitude is toxic and disrespectful. Read Mooclan's thread that I posted above. Wake up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci