• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to hide your IP through Skype/Resolvers.

ImtheforumGod

Experienced
Reaction score
So, I'm making this thread to help all of McGamer, and people to hide there IP off skype/skyperesolvers.

It's very easy, all you need to do is, tools, options
image.jpg

Next select advanced, then connections.
image.jpg

Once you're there, look near the bottom, there should be something called direct connections only. Enable that.

That's pretty much it. Wait around 1-26 hours to not be able to grab ok skyperesolvers.

They're are much much other things you can also do, proxy, etc. I wanted to keep it simple for everyone.

Skype Resolver or skresolver is pretty much a website where you can insert a persons Skype name and they give you there IP. But of course, there's a way to prevent that.

If you feel the need to always know what your IP address is then you need a Static IP address, because it is constant. Static IP addresses are more reliable for Voice over Internet Protocol(VOIP), more reliable to host a gaming website or to play X-Box, Play Station, use Virtual Private Network for secure access to files from your company network computer, etc. Static IP addresses are also great if you use your computer as a server, as it should give your file server faster file uploads and downloads. Another plus with Static IP's, when hosting a website you are not sharing your IP with another company who sends out a lot of E-mail SPAM and not only has their website been shut down but in turn gets your IP address blacklisted.

In contrast a static IP address can become a security risk, because the address is always the same. Static IP's are easier to track for data mining companies. Static IP addressing is less cost effective than Dynamic IP Addressing.
The biggest advantages of Dynamic IP Addressing are less security risk as the computer is assigned a new IP address each time the customer logs on, they are cost effective and there is automatic network configuration (the less human intervention with network configuration the better). Dynamic addressing is usually used by ISP's so that one IP address can be assigned to several users, however some ISP's use Sticky Dynamic IP Addressing and do not change the IP address very often. Dynamic IP Addressing can be used by families with several computers or by a small business owner who has a home office. The software that comes with a router allows for Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol(DHCP) setup and assigns each computer attached to the router an IP address automatically.

In contrast, Dynamic IP addressing should not be used for VOIP, VPN, playing online games or game hosting because Dynamic IP addressing is less reliable then Static IP addressing and could cause the service to disconnect while you are on a VOIP, VPN or gaming.

Also, don't join random teamspeaks, only join public, big teamspeaks (mcsg, hive, woodycraft,) and maybe join a teamspeak with your friends. Once you log into a teamspeak, your ip is there in the logs.

*Using Skype on your phone isn't recommended, as it removes/disables the direct connections only, which you need to enable again. Or if you sign into your skype from a new/different computer as well.*

Everybody should do this, it's more recomded to do, and be safe as well.

-Hope it helped.

Tyler

Platinum
Reaction score
I already knew how to do this. This should be helpful though! I really recommend doing this, saved me plenty.

ImtheforumGod

Experienced
Reaction score
Nice Guide!
thx pvp god
This should honestly be pinned. It's simple and gives just enough information, thanks god. I take that back
I already knew how to do this. This should be helpful though! I really recommend doing this, saved me plenty.
Thank you it worked!
I'm glad it helped you, or if you already knew it about, spread the word to your friends who don't know how to do this.

Doubted

Experienced
Reaction score
that a boy p3, I knew my lil band nerd is a smart critter

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci