• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide How to Make a Great Report Abuse!

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
How to Write a Great Report Abuse!
By: Giggity69Goo, Holidays, TheLichDB, Jeffrey

Hello MCGamer Community! Today, a group of friends and I will be teaching you how to write a great Report Abuse.​

Why You Should Make Report Abuses: We, as the staff, really appreciate your efforts contributing to the Community. While we do moderate games, hub, etc. we are not able to be on the servers 24/7, and so there will be a few rule-breakers that are able to escape from the ban or mute. You may believe that even if you do create report abuses, nothing will change in the Community, however, that is not the case, with your help by submitting report abuses, the staff is able to ban more players that break the rules making your experience here on MCGamer better! We really appreciate that you take the time to submit a report abuse! Just remember, even if your report abuse is Closed, please do not let that discourage you from submitting more report abuses in the future. Good luck to all of you who do submit a report abuse, your contributions to the server are greatly appreciated!​

You probably think that you won’t change nothing but you really help the Community to improve, and change so please help us to change and improve guys we need of you as Staff we really appreciate that you take the time for submitting a Report Abuse and if your Report get Closed please don’t let that Discourage you on Reporting future Rules Breakers so please Report them and good luck.​

We will be talking about how you guys should;
  • Format your Report Abuses
  • How to Provide Evidence Correctly
  • How Moderators Respond to Report Abuses
Before we start off, we would just like to provide the template for you all to follow what we will be talking about.​

In-Game name:
Gametype:
Region:
Reason:
Proof (Youtube/Imgur):
Key Times on Video [Optional]:
Time, Date, and Server [Optional]:
I [insert name here] agree that in submitting
this report that all MCGamer terms of service
are being followed to the correct extent and
that should I remove or do anything to tamper
with the evidence I provide, I may be liable
to being punished. Should I for any reason need
to remove evidence, I will contact a member of
staff.

This thread is for the sole purpose of teaching you how to correctly write a Report Abuse. As you can see, depending on the Report we need you to provide evidence via Youtube or Imgur. We need to see the basics of the player such as: their In-Game Name, the Gametype, Region, and Reason.

In-Game name: XXExampleXx
Gametype: SG
Region: US
Reason: Killaura

When you get to the “Proof” section, you can see how it says “Youtube/Imgur”. The staff can not express how important it is that you use Youtube for videos and Imgur for screenshots!

When catching a hacker, you should record them and upload the evidence to Youtube. When doing that, please make the video Unlisted.

This let’s people who have the link watch the video, no one else will be able to watch it unless they have the link to it. This allows us to have easy access to the video whenever we can. Remember, it is important to upload the evidence to Youtube and nowhere else, because the videos will never be deleted and as said before, the staff will always have easy access to it if needed. If the video is posted anywhere else, the Report Abuse will be Closed.

Now for the screenshots, if you catch someone spamming, flooding the chat, bypassing filter, etc. please upload the evidence to Imgur. The reason why we need it uploaded to Imgur is because if it is uploaded with another program, such as gyazo, there’s a chance the evidence will be deleted by the website at some point. However, Imgur does not delete screenshots as time progresses. If someone is breaking the rules, and you report them via Gyazo or another application, the person may be dealt with, however we really prefer that you use Imgur.​

The staff can not express how important this step is when filling out an abuse report! Basically, at the end of your report abuse, we expect to see a signature for the Terms & Conditions. We need your signature because it explains how if you have edited or removed evidence from Imgur/Youtube, you will be permanently banned from the MCGamer Network.​

I [insert name here] agree that in submitting
staff.

I [Jeffrey] agree that in submitting
staff.

Finally, we will discuss how the Moderators at MCGamer respond to a Report Abuse, and what we like to see. When a Report Abuse has sufficient evidence, we Accept it and thank the player and inform them that they have either been Banned Accordingly or Muted Accordingly depending on what rule they have broken. The MCGamer Staff love to see people filling out many Report Abuses, as well as filling them out completely. That means answering every single required section AS WELL as signing the signature. Remember that people who fill out many Report Abuses do get prizes! Click on this link for more information: http://www.mcgamer.net/threads/introducing-the-mcg-report-abuse-rewards-program-beta.178812/.​

To end it off, remember that if you can’t fill out a Report Abuse for any reason, just do /report and a Moderator or up will try to deal with the issue as soon as possible!​

J

District 13
Reaction score
Hopefully this thread can help many others write a successful report abuse ^-^

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Good job, but doing all of that is a little self explanatory :confused:
Not necessary imo, but we need a guide for everything, right?

Moose

Platinum
Reaction score
Good job, but doing all of that is a little self explanatory :confused:
Not necessary imo, but we need a guide for everything, right?
you'd be surprised..

i see what you mean tho lol

Reaction score
Honestly, this guide was made because while some people fill out Abuse Reports correctly, so many neglect the most important things such as evidence & THE SIGNATURE!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci