• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide How to publicize your MCSG related YouTube channel correctly

Helpful?

• Total voters

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
Hello!
Youtube channels. Who doesn't have one? Minecraft YouTube channels? Yep. So many people have YouTube channels, which means all those people are trying to gain popularity, subscribers, likes, etc.​
This, as any product does, means a lot of advertising. People will use all their available resources to put their name out there, and hopefully, gain subscribers and fans.​
This being said, we, on the forums of MCSG, see a lot of advertisements for YouTube channels. Fantastic! Loads of advertisement threads--- wait, wait, back up. Not fantastic.​
"But Duck, why can't I advertise my YouTube channel; I want subscribers!"
Considering the only "Subs" I care about are the kind with meat and cheese, I can't speak for you in that sense, but I can tell you this:​
"Doesn't every YouTuber want subscribers? As much as you might want them, advertising is against the rules and spammy."
Basically, what you should've taken away from the above paragraph is:​
~Do not advertise your YouTube channel. This means no threads saying "Oh, check our my channel, it's good, like and subscribe."~
"But Duck! How will I ever get famous, and be rolling in the YouTube money?"
Believe it or not, you can still advertise on the forums, just in a subtle manner.​
*gasp*
Yep! You can advertise on the forums, but only using the following methods:​
~Links on your MCSG profile.
~Links in your forum signature

~Posts in the "Media Section" of the forums
(Simply click the "Media" tab on the forums, and upload a video you recorded for your channel on MCSG. The video has to be on MCSG if it goes in the "Media Section".)​
Wow, so many awesome chances to get your name out there! Go ahead and take advantage of these, but, always be sure to follow this general rule of thumb before linking a channel, or video:​
--The channel must have some MCSG. Please don't link a COD gaming channel.
You may also link singular videos, but they cannot be anything mainly outside outside of MCSG, of purely outside of it--
Please follow these rules. Do not make threads for your channel, because I will bring a raging storm of ducks upon you and lock the thread ;)

Smerbo

Survivor
Reaction score
Oops sorry I just thought you meant MCSG in general... Sorry duckluv!

To clarify, you are not allowed to link YouTube channels unless somebody asks you for it.

Stream links are perfectly fine, though.
That signature...

Pipiska

Survivor
Reaction score
Great guide duck!
Also, maybe to prevent the youtube advertising thread/comment spam, there could be a section for "Youtube channels" ?
There could be "Music, Gaming, Comedy, etc."
Then people could post their channels there, write what's it about, and stuff like that. Then people will post there instead of spamming threads. Just a suggestion. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci