• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

How to record hackers

Do you like this post?

• Nah it sucks

Votes: 3 100.0%
  • Yeah good job mate!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FatePlaysMC

Spectator
Reaction score
Heads up! I know there are plent of other post on how to catch hackers but i thought, Why not add my sense.

Reason(s): Well even though you are not staff (Maybe you are) you can just record hackers in the act.
That helps out the moderators as it does the server cause there are not enough moderators to be in every lobby.

Recording device: If you are on windows you can have a HUGE variety of items to record hackers with. My personal favorites are...

Mac compatible programs will be marked with a

Linux compatible programs will be marked with a

1.CamStudio
CamStudio is able to record all screen and audio activity on your computer and create industry-standard AVI video files and using its built-in SWF Producer can turn those AVIs into lean, mean, bandwidth-friendly Streaming Flash videos (SWFs)

2.Hypercam

HyperCam captures the action from your Windows screen and saves it to AVI (Audio-Video Interleaved) movie file. Sound from your system microphone is also recorded.

3.Virtual Dub

VirtualDub is a video capture/processing utility for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows platforms (98/ME/NT4/2000/XP/Vista/7), licensed under the GNU General Public License (GPL). It lacks the editing power of a general-purpose editor such as Adobe Premiere, but is streamlined for fast linear operations over video. It has batch-processing capabilities for processing large numbers of files and can be extended with third-party video filters. VirtualDub is mainly geared toward processing AVI files, although it can read (not write) MPEG-1 and also handle sets of BMP images.

4.Jing

Jing is a screencasting computer program launched in 2007 as Jing Project by the TechSmith Corporation. The software takes a picture or video of the user's computer screen and uploads it to the Web, FTP, computer or clipboard. If uploaded to the web, the program automatically creates a URL to the image that can be shared with others. Jing is compatible with Macintosh and Microsoft Windows.

5. Screencast-O-Matic

One-click screen recording on Windows or Mac with no install for free.

6. Kazam

Kazam is a simple screen recording program that will capture the content of your screen and record a video file that can be played by any video player that supports VP8/WebM video format.

7. RecordMyDesktop
(Windows Incompatible)

It is a desktop session recorder that attemps to be easy to use, yet also effective at it's primary task. As such, the program is separated in two parts; a simplecommand line tool that performs the basic tasks of capturing and encoding and an interface that exposes the program functionality in a usable way.

8. Active Presenter - Free Edition

Record full motion video with crystal clear quality and high fps (depends on your computer speed). Capture screenshots automatically with mouse clicks or key presses. Automatically generate appropriate annotations for each action.No watermark or time limit!

9. Freeseer

This software is very good at recording video from firewire, rca, s-video, vga, and even local desktop. Freeseer is open source software, licensed under the GPLv3.

10. Wink

Is a freeware screen-capture and tutorial-creation program. It supports many features such as input-based capture and text annotations. Navigation buttons can be added to any presentation and the bitmaps for all presentation controls can be edited.

11. MSI AfterBurner

Is a graphics card overclocking and monitoring software that also records uncompressed video. Note: This software is primarily an overclocking application read carefully before using. If used in a wrong way it has the potential to destroy your graphics card.

12.Ezvid

Ezvid is the world’s easiest free screen recording solution for Windows. Simply download and install Ezvid, click the “screen capture” button, and begin recording your desktop, browser, or gameplay. Perfect for tutorial creation, showing someone how to do something on the internet, or showing off your website or game, Ezvid is the perfect tool for Machinima videos and all kinds of screencasts and tutorials. Ezvid automatically records and renders your video at 1280 x 720 HD, optimized for sharp display on YouTube.

How to record them!
Well if you notice a hacker hacking just start recording. Record in F5 mode so they can have a Open wide view. Once your done go to where you save the file! DONT EDIT THE VIDEO That will make a less chance of them getting banned.

How to take screenshots and find them!
":-Screenshots] Not the best way but it is a quick and easy way to catch Hackers/Rule Breakers.

F2 is the default key in Minecraft to take screenshots. But you may of have changed it. Find out the key by going to Menu> Controls> Take Screenshot. Warning! Screenshots are not the most reliable way of catching any rule breakers and can sometimes get rejected. So Spam the Screenshot key so that you can always have backup pictures. If a person is spamming or swearing/saying rude or mean things its best to take a screenshot of that because it is much easer and it's just the chat it isn't going to move! Screenshots can be accessed in these steps:

Windows 8:
-Option 1: Press the windows key (next to alt) and "R" together then hit enter. Open .minecraft then go to screenshots.

-Option 2:] Bring cursor to bottom left of screen to open the menu/icons list. Click the magnifying glass and type %appdata% then hit enter. Go to .minecraft then go to screenshots.

Windows 7:
-Option 1: Click the start button (the blue circle with the windows logo) and then click the search field. Type %appdata% then hit enter. Go to .minecraft then go to screenshots.

-Mac OSX Lion or above:
Open finder Go to the top of the screen and there should be a button labeled "Go" click this button.
Then click "go to folder" under the button labeled "Go"
Copy and paste the following command"

I DID NOT MAKE THE TOP PART OR AM I CLAIMING TO HAVE MADE IT!

Last but not least how to report them!
1st. You must have a forum account which are easy to make just register one.
2nd. Then go to forums and find the report section.
3rd. Hit create new thread and add the video with a description.

Now you all set to go record some hackers and report them!

am0r_

Diamond
Reaction score
It would be a pain in the ass recording every single game, it kinda feel like... I'm being watched .-.

Duck_Phoenix

Spectator
Reaction score
Wow, I think this will be very helpful for new players. thanks for posting this. Have a good day.

Getix

District 13
Reaction score
Really useful thread to players who do not know how to record. :)

MaestroZeN

Platinum
Reaction score
Well , the staff already made a thread about this but you add a lots Of new programms.

FatePlaysMC

Spectator
Reaction score
Yes, I did this cause they were kinda short on everything they did.

Sebbbb

Platinum
Reaction score
This is very helpful and useful for many of the community members that still have questions. Thank you for posting :)

FatePlaysMC

Spectator
Reaction score
Your welcome, I did this cuase the staff one did not have alot of programs, But you know could you like it and stuff?

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Thread locked as it is a duplicate, please only post one thread with the same content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci